Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turkey dependent evac :(

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Oh but she said her friends were both Mil, so I was just wondering how that works. Normally the military won't deploy both parents at the same time, right? That was my understanding anyways!
    I missed the mil-mil part .... sorry .. Geez! I don't know what they do. I doubt they will leave them both
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    I missed the mil-mil part .... sorry .. Geez! I don't know what they do. I doubt they will leave them both
    Usually as far as I know, there is a plan in place with the families of mil-mil for if they're both deployed at the same time, usually a grandparent, or some other type of guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    Usually as far as I know, there is a plan in place with the families of mil-mil for if they're both deployed at the same time, usually a grandparent, or some other type of guardian.
    I assume you are correct. I have not been around many mil-mil couples.
  4. Senior Member
    Wow are they seriously gonna make dual military couples stay there without their children for that long? They can't change at least one of their assignments? That's so awful.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wow are they seriously gonna make dual military couples stay there without their children for that long? They can't change at least one of their assignments? That's so awful.
    They would have to unless there was prior arrangements with family. As cynical as I am they are just not going to orphan children.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm not sure if it's the same now, but I believe there has to be a prior plan in place for mil-mil families... It's been a while since I've heard anything about it anymore (a friend of mine was mil-mil, but they aren't anymore, so I'm out of the loop)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    They have to leave their kids in the US for a year?! How does that even work? How awful for all those families! What if you don't have grandparents or anyone to give them to?
    Dual military (or single parents) are required to have a family care plan so that if they can still be deployable. It's basically someone who agrees to take your kids while you are sent away. Without that, the military would be unable to use the service member in his or her full capacity.

The military absolutely will and does deploy both parents at the same time. It's one reason I always mention on here that people considering joining as dual military give it a lot of thought. Obviously, dual mil can and does work, but these are complications people sometimes don't think about. You need to have a grandma or uncle or best friend willing to take your kids for a good amount of time.

In this case, it's extra crappy because it is a full year, which would be unusual as an overlap for 2 deployed service members.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Dual military (or single parents) are required to have a family care plan so that if they can still be deployable. It's basically someone who agrees to take your kids while you are sent away. Without that, the military would be unable to use the service member in his or her full capacity.

The military absolutely will and does deploy both parents at the same time. It's one reason I always mention on here that people considering joining as dual military give it a lot of thought. Obviously, dual mil can and does work, but these are complications people sometimes don't think about. You need to have a grandma or uncle or best friend willing to take your kids for a good amount of time.

In this case, it's extra crappy because it is a full year, which would be unusual as an overlap for 2 deployed service members.
    And what happens if these "arrangements" fall through ? There has to be some contingency plan
  9. Senior Member
    So sad and scary!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    And what happens if these "arrangements" fall through ? There has to be some contingency plan
    Then they made a shitty plan? I'm sure there are back ups to the back ups when your children are involved. We have two sets of friends that are dual and both have been deployed/extended TDY at the same time. Their children go home to their grandparents house. It's shitty, and I know for one set of the couples once their children hit school age she plans to get out, but it's not uncommon in their career fields.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast