Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma Couple Arrested for Shoplifting, Blames Doctor's Advice

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    because that's how that works
    I wish I could record some of the patient conversations I have had. I would also love to have the ability to listen in on what goes through these people's minds for just 1 day. Like how does their brain process information that results in them coming to such wacked out conclusions like "the doctor made me shoplift"?!
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    I wish I could record some of the patient conversations I have had. I would also love to have the ability to listen in on what goes through these people's minds for just 1 day. Like how does their brain process information that results in them coming to such wacked out conclusions like "the doctor made me shoplift"?!
    yeah, i don't get that i also don't understand why people lie to doctors. like they're not going to know you're lying about eating donuts or whatever. it happens to my mom, she's a nurse. she had this guy come in with terrible track marks and she couldn't find a vein for his IV. he swore he'd never done drugs in his life. my mom eventually just asked him straight up "where do you inject your drugs because i need to start an IV"

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    oh gosh. Reminds me of the patients that claim their drugs tests came back positive because they sat on the toilet seat in the bathroom of the doctor's office and there must have been cocaine on the toilet seat.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    yeah, i don't get that i also don't understand why people lie to doctors. like they're not going to know you're lying about eating donuts or whatever. it happens to my mom, she's a nurse. she had this guy come in with terrible track marks and she couldn't find a vein for his IV. he swore he'd never done drugs in his life. my mom eventually just asked him straight up "where do you inject your drugs because i need to start an IV"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12