Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teen Girls Posed For A Photo In Shirts Spelling A Racial Slur

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Of course they knew it was wrong. That's why they were laughing--the spelled a provocative word, which they knew to be provocative, and were amused at their own willingness to push the limits. It made them feel sophisticated and daring to do the forbidden, and they were too self-absorped to think of the consequences.

That said, I think the fact that the police showed up is ludicrous. What laws does this even come close to violating? Saying (or spelling) that word is not illegal. And expulsion is also pretty extreme assuming this wasn't directly targeted at someone. I feel pretty safe in assuming this girls, or at least a few of them, are assholes. If every teenage asshole was kicked out of school, we'd certainly solve our school crowding issues. Whether or not they grow out of their assholeness remains to be seen.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Of course they knew it was wrong. That's why they were laughing--the spelled a provocative word, which they knew to be provocative, and were amused at their own willingness to push the limits.

That said, I think the fact that the police showed up is ludicrous. What laws does this even come close to violating? Saying (or spelling) that word is not illegal. And expulsion is also pretty extreme assuming this wasn't directly targeted at someone. I feel pretty safe in assuming this girls, or at least a few of them, are assholes. If every teenage asshole was kicked out of school, we'd certainly solve our school crowding issues. Whether or not they grow out of their assholeness remains to be seen.
    I agree but maybe they felt things were going to get out of control? I don't know.

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    I agree but maybe they felt things were going to get out of control? I don't know.
    I can see that. The police were there in case things escalated. That makes a lot more sense than having them be called to deal with the incident specifically.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I saw this, I don't think they were thinking. That's probably why they did it. I saw the unblurred version of the photo too and the girls are smiling and laughing like it's no big deal. So so stupid on their part
    I mean, this required at least some foresight, to get the shirts and wear them. I really don't "get" this though. I don't get why they would think this would be a funny thing to do and why none of the 6 of them would realize that it's maybe a bad idea?

ETA: Expulsion and police do seem a little extreme, though. I agree.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    I mean, this required at least some foresight, to get the shirts and wear them. I really don't "get" this though. I don't get why they would think this would be a funny thing to do and why none of the 6 of them would realize that it's maybe a bad idea?

ETA: Expulsion and police do seem a little extreme, though. I agree.
    They had the shirts. About 30 girls had shirts to spell out some long yay-our-class-peppy thing. These were just a few of the girls, and rearranged them, and used a 1 as an I.

Im just too old and tired to give a fuck about a kid doing something offensive and stupid.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    They had the shirts. About 30 girls had shirts to spell out some long yay-our-class-peppy thing. These were just a few of the girls, and rearranged them, and used a 1 as an I.

Im just too old and tired to give a fuck about a kid doing something offensive and stupid.
    Oh lmao. That makes a lot more sense.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    "According to ABC15 in Phoenix, the lettered shirts were part of a larger message for a senior class photo. Another picture shows the senior class spelling out “BEST*YOU’VE*EVER*SEEN*CLASS*OF*2016”"
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    "Best You've Ever Seen"

life's a party, rock your body
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    "Best You've Ever Seen"
    Seems kind of limiting though. Should be "best you'll ever see."
    And no "N's"
  10. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post

wow this actually answers so many questions about this for me i mean it's still absolutely absurdly not okay, but... it makes sense? THAT seems like a dumb spur of the moment high school idea.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast