Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teen Girls Posed For A Photo In Shirts Spelling A Racial Slur

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    I think they were thinking by putting it on snap chat it wasn't going to get around further than a few of their friends and they thought it was funny. I don't think they weren't thinking. I fully believe they posed for and posted the picture fully understanding what they were doing.

Being blatant racist
    assholes.
    Agreed. They're old enough to know better, and they've lived (presumably) for years now with social media/smart phones/the internet. They must know that shit gets posted and goes viral, and that the internet never forgets. I have zero pity for them.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I feel bad for them. They are clearly young and dumb and have no forethought about how this would potentially affect their futures, and now that its gone viral, they are potentially screwed in so many aspects of life. And I mean this in a way that I still judge them, think they are dumb and wish they were better humans of the universe, but it does suck that in todays digital age, bad behavior follows you around forever.
    That sucks too. I wonder if it actually will matter though? Are their full names posted anywhere? They're all pretty #basic looking so I doubt future employers will recognize them.

I wonder how pissed their parents are.
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That sucks too. I wonder if it actually will matter though? Are their full names posted anywhere? They're all pretty #basic looking so I doubt future employers will recognize them.

I wonder how pissed their parents are.
    I bet it wouldn't be too hard to identify them. We already know they're seniors and where they go to school. I wonder what measures the school may be taking to protect any privacy, though. I mean I believe that it would be pretty easy to figure out who they are if someone were to find a directory or post a yearbook pic, etc. Or if someone put it on Facebook and tagged one of them? People on the internet are really good at figuring this kind of stuff out too
  4. Senior Member
    Oh yeah I'm not saying they're anonymous by any means, but if this doesn't come up in a search result for their names idk how badly it'll really affect their future. It wouldn't be hard at all to figure out who they are.
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I don't feel bad for them at all. It's 2016. You're 18 years old and fully aware of social media. These girls are fucking stupid but I doubt it will affect their lives that much.

Desert Vista is in a very wealthy area and are known for their athletics AND academics. I am just shocked for whatever reason that this came from my school.
    Last edited by rayfinkle; 01-25-2016 at 05:00 PM.

life's a party, rock your body
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I wonder how pissed their parents are
    If the parents are pissed... that's sadly not always a given. I've had a draw a swastika on a classmate's worksheet. You wouldn't believe the mom's reaction. I don't think she could have cared less had she tried. She only somewhat started caring when the potential consequences (aka going to the police with that should he continue doing such stuff) came up. So yeah, I hope the parents care.

I also don't feel bad for the kids. Not at all. They look way old enough to know better and to sure as hell know that pictures are forever. Especially when they end up online.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Police? Why the fuck were the police called.
    And, no, they should not be expelled.
    The colleges which accepted them might have a rethink, but good lord. Let's teach our kids about over reacting to bad judgement.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Senior Member
    oh jeez. another bunch of ignorant kids.
  9. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    My 13, 12, 8, and 6 year old can tell you this is wrong. I cant buy the young and dumb defense.
  10. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    I don't feel bad for them at all. It's 2016. You 18 years old and fully aware of social media. These girls are fucking stupid but I doubt it will affect their lives that much.

Desert Vista is in a very wealthy area and are known for their athletics AND academics. I am just shocked for whatever reason that this came from my school.
    Yep. They're stupid teenagers who should know better. Or maybe they have affluenza and don't know any better

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast