Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Your thoughts about this?

  1. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    BraveLilToaster's Avatar
    BraveLilToaster is offline
    aka Milfon2Wheelz
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kings Bay Ga
    Posts
    10,109


    #21
    Advertisements
    The beach I go to has a pretty sweet deal going on. The beach is free for everyone, there is a big parking lot, and residents of the county are allowed to drive out on the beach for free, but if you live outside the county you pay like $25 for a permit you put in your window.
  2. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #22
    So how much is admission?
  3. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #23
    I think beaches should be free to everyone and I think parking should be free as well. It wasn't until I moved to MA that I had to pay $10-$15 to park remotely near the beach. You can't bring leashed dogs either.

    In TX, beaches are free, you can drive on them, have a bonfire, and dogs are allowed. There were no lifeguards though, but they have beach patrol drive around to make sure everything was okay.




  4. Senior Member
    Andie's Avatar
    Andie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,747
    #24
    I actually have no issue with charging a reasonable fee for beach use. It costs money to have lifeguards and maintain beaches. I don't mind paying for that. Same with parking. I don't think I'd like it if people could drive up on to the beach but that depends on the area I'm sure. I've never actually had to pay to go to the beach though. The ones I've gone to have been free, minus parking.
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    rayfinkle's Avatar
    rayfinkle is offline
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,515
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    I actually have no issue with charging a reasonable fee for beach use. It costs money to have lifeguards and maintain beaches. I don't mind paying for that. Same with parking. I don't think I'd like it if people could drive up on to the beach but that depends on the area I'm sure. I've never actually had to pay to go to the beach though. The ones I've gone to have been free, minus parking.
    So should we pay for lakes? Parks? Hiking trails?


    life's a party, rock your body
  6. Senior Member
    Andie's Avatar
    Andie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,747
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    So should we pay for lakes? Parks? Hiking trails?
    Don't we? To park at the lakes and parks here in AZ I swear we need a pass.
  7. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    rayfinkle's Avatar
    rayfinkle is offline
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,515
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Don't we? To park at the lakes and parks here in AZ I swear we need a pass.
    I'm talking about just to use them.

    And not national parks. Like, city parks.


    life's a party, rock your body
  8. Senior Member
    Andie's Avatar
    Andie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,747
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    I'm talking about just to use them.

    And not national parks. Like, picnic parks.
    I don't care? If the fee is small and it helps maintain the park (or lake or trail, whatever) that I'm using I am happy to pay. I don't care if it's paid for via other means either. They cost money and I'm happy to contribute however it is asked of me.
  9. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    I don't care? If the fee is small and it helps maintain the park (or lake or trail, whatever) that I'm using I am happy to pay. I don't care if it's paid for via other means either. They cost money and I'm happy to contribute however it is asked of me.
    But you already pay taxes that goes towards maintaining lakes, trails, and parks.




  10. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    HisJuliet's Avatar
    HisJuliet is offline
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Together Again!
    Posts
    9,069
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    So should we pay for lakes? Parks? Hiking trails?
    I concur. That is what taxes are for. To maintain the "public" areas of a city/county. I've never paid for a beach and I think if I lived close to one and had to pay for one, I wouldn't go as often. Which would decrease rentals, food vendors and other sales, resulting in less tax revenue. Call me crazy, but I think they would be better off allowing everyone to be there free.

    Overall, back to the original topic, no I don't have a problem with it. It's feel good legislation, its done everywhere.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •