Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSA and Driver License issues?

1. Regular Member

TSA and Driver License issues?

Advertisements
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/29/bu...avel.html?_r=0

I saw this on someone else Facebook all about how her mom might need a new drivers license just to visit her. So I looked this all up and apparently its not just the state of Washington but other states. Might want to take a look to find out if your state DL needs to be updated.
  2. Senior Member
    This has more to do with the offices that makes the license than travelers. Because some of them print ID holograms wrong. My best friend works for TSA. And I used to work there myself. The media always makes a huge stink about TSA in any way they can. Most people have no issues getting in as long as they can prove their identity. And there are ways to do that even if you have completely no ID. I wouldn't be worried about it as long as your ID is not a fake one. Some people get their purse stolen during their trip and lose any form of ID and they can still get through as long as they go through the process. If you don't have an ID you should definitely be earlier because it can take up to an extra 30 mins to prove your identity.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I saw an article about this on FB last week, but I agree with the man quoted in the article that this is an impasse. It sounds like a lot of posturing between the federal government and the states but I really don't think they're going to start turning away travelers at the airports.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure they are going to start pretty soon, at least with NM licenses. It's been all over the news here and the base will eventually stop accepting them as forms of identification as well.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Senior Member
    I never show a DL for proof of ID and always show my military ID. I have only had a couple places give me grief because they don't know what it is, until I tell them its from the federal gov't.

Not saying they can't be faked, but its harder than a state ID.
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are going to start pretty soon, at least with NM licenses. It's been all over the news here and the base will eventually stop accepting them as forms of identification as well.
    I am now happy that I got a FL DL when we moved. What a PITA to keep the NM one.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I am now happy that I got a FL DL when we moved. What a PITA to keep the NM one.
    I know! I kept my SC residency. The biggest issue is all the people wanting to sign on local friends/dates/etc who of course of NM licenses. I'm not sure what the solution is yet.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. Regular Member
    I'm in IL and ours is on the list of not being accepted. Luckily, I have a passport and can use it but Illinois isn't going to change things any time soon because it costs $4 million to do it and our state is completely broke. I heard that federal buildings and bases will stop accepting DL's as acceptable ID fairly soon but the airports will be awhile.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I know! I kept my SC residency. The biggest issue is all the people wanting to sign on local friends/dates/etc who of course of NM licenses. I'm not sure what the solution is yet.
    Whats wrong with NM licenses?
  10. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Whats wrong with NM licenses?
    New Mexico driver’s licenses in limbo with feds | KRQE News 13
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast