Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSA and Driver License issues?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by CardsFan79 View Post
    I'm in IL and ours is on the list of not being accepted. Luckily, I have a passport and can use it but Illinois isn't going to change things any time soon because it costs $4 million to do it and our state is completely broke. I heard that federal buildings and bases will stop accepting DL's as acceptable ID fairly soon but the airports will be awhile.
    Last I heard, IL was still hoping to get an extension. I'm hoping this is the case because I really want to fly my mom down to visit in March and all she has is a IL driver's license.
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by she_lurks View Post
    Last I heard, IL was still hoping to get an extension. I'm hoping this is the case because I really want to fly my mom down to visit in March and all she has is a IL driver's license.
    From what I read, IL has had 2 extensions already and they are most likely not going to be given another one. Everything I've been reading on this says that it's the federal buildings and bases that will be more strict on not accepting the DL's as proper ID's and that airlines will be the last to do it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12