Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: San Bernardino Shooting

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

San Bernardino Shooting

Advertisements
    This is happening right now Praying for those involved

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/us...ting.html?_r=0

Emergency crews responded Wednesday to reports of a shooting with multiple victims in San Bernardino, Calif., the city’s fire and police departments reported.

The Fire Department posted on Twitter that there were reports of as many as 20 victims.

The city Police Department confirmed that it was handling an “active shooter” incident, but declined to say more. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said the police had reports of one to three suspects, and of multiple victims. Law enforcement officers speaking on their radio frequencies said there appeared to be multiple fatalities, and mentioned a suspicious object that they feared could be an explosive.

The F.B.I. and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have dispatched agents to the scene.

About half an hour after the incident began, an officer radioed, “They just found another room with more victims.”

Ambulance crews treated wounded people in the middle of Waterman Avenue, a major north-south street through the city, which lies about an hour’s drive east of Los Angeles.

The attack was believed to have taken place in a cluster of office buildings that include the offices of Inland Regional Services, which offers services to people with developmental disabilities. Dozens of people fled from the building and were being herded by the police across Watermanand onto the golf course of the San Bernardino Golf Club.

Inland Regional Services, which was open in 1971, is a nonprofit agency that serves people from San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. The facility’s Facebook page said 670 staff members served more than 30,200 people.

The police were searching the buildings and leading survivors out. Relatives rushed to the scene, saying they had gotten text messages from loved ones in the buildings during the attack. Tony Shin, an NBC reporter at the scene of the shooting, described encountering a man who had exchanged messages with his daughter inside the facility.

In the report, Mr. Shin recounted the messages from the woman. “Dad, somebody is shooting inside our building,” she wrote. “I’m hiding in a closet.”

“Someone is shooting,” the father replied.

“I’m scared,” came the response.

Mr. Shin said the woman had gotten out of the facility unharmed.

A man told CNN that his daughter had texted from inside the building. “Shooting at my work,” he recounted sounding like he was fighting tears. “People shot. In the office waiting for cops. Pray for us.”

2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Following the live Reddit feed here - https://www.reddit.com/live/w0nn1o5hu90y
    ~Becca~

3. Senior Member
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I live in San Bernardino County. I also go to school in San Bernardino. Luckily, I didn't have class today but police are monitoring the entire area. I'm watching the news right now. 2 of the shooters are dead in the car and on the street. The other is on the run and the police are surrounding a neighborhood where the suspect is believed to be.
  5. Senior Member
    Oh no. I have friends there as well. I hope they catch the guys soon if they haven't yet.
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I watched the shootout unfold on tv, watching press conference now. 2 suspects (one male and one female) killed during shootout - both were heavily armed and in tactical gear. No solid word on the third suspect. They have someone else detained but have not confirmed if that's the third suspect, so they could still be at large.
    ~Becca~

7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Just so, so sad.
  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    One of my customers was in that building and when I called her office the cops answered. It's so very sad. I feel so sorry for their families and children of the ones killed.