Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 4 Dead, 44 Others Injured During OSU Homecoming Parade

1. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries

4 Dead, 44 Others Injured During OSU Homecoming Parade

Advertisements
    Four people were killed, including a 2-year-old boy and graduate student from India, and 44 others were injured when a car plowed into a crowd of spectators at the Oklahoma State University homecoming parade Saturday morning, officials said.
    The 25-year-old driver, Adacia Avery Chambers, was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence and remains in jail, Stillwater police said Saturday evening.

A 2-year-old boy injured in the collision later died at the hospital, according to the Oklahoma University Medical Center. The toddler's death marks the incident's fourth fatality.
    Another victim has been identified as Nikita Naka, a native of Mumbia, India, and graduate student at the University of Central Oklahoma, the school's president said in a statement released to NBC News Saturday night.

A Stillwater Hospital spokeswoman told NBC News the facility has treated more than 40 people with injuries ranging from cuts and scrapes to life-threatening wounds. Four were flown to Oklahoma City and Tulsa in critical condition, she said.
    Chambers' father, Floyd, told The Oklahoman newspaper "this is not the person that's my daughter" and he "can't imagine alcohol being involved."
    Calif. Firefighter Killed in Crash Days Before Retiring
    "This is just not who she is. They’re going to paint her into a horrible person but this is not (her)," he told the paper.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Read more: 4 Dead, Dozens Hurt When Car Plows Into Crowd at Oklahoma State Parade | NBC New York
    Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

4 Dead, Dozens Hurt When Car Plows Into Crowd at Oklahoma State Parade | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    This fucking lady. How horrible.

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I hate this so much since this is basically where I'm from. It makes me so sad. I had so many friends and family there and thankfully they're all okay, but my heart hurts so bad for everyone that was killed or injured.

4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I heard about this on the radio today! Her lawyer was saying she wasn't drunk, that she has some kind of mental illness and may have blacked out? They were really short on details though.

I feel awful for all those people who were hurt or killed. Whatever is going on with her, she shouldn't be behind the wheel ...
  5. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Divergent♥ View Post
    I hate this so much since this is basically where I'm from. It makes me so sad. I had so many friends and family there and thankfully they're all okay, but my heart hurts so bad for everyone that was killed or injured.
    Same here. I went to school at OSU after getting my associate's and before I got married. I had several friends there, who are all thankfully alright.

Quote Originally Posted by jenjamin View Post
    This fucking lady. How horrible.
    I really hope we can get some answers on this, one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I heard about this on the radio today! Her lawyer was saying she wasn't drunk, that she has some kind of mental illness and may have blacked out? They were really short on details though.

I feel awful for all those people who were hurt or killed. Whatever is going on with her, she shouldn't be behind the wheel ...
    The information on this is so weird. Like, the family is saying one thing, the lawyer is saying another, and then there's the DA of course. I'll have to see if I can find the article I was reading this morning that just makes it more confusing, because it seems like the lawyer and family almost have a different story going.

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  6. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I agree, I've seen so many different stories. One said she was suicidal, one said she blacked out, there's just so many differing stories right now. I read that they're looking at the cars black box to see what it can tell them, like if she braked or not and whatever else it can tell.