Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Democratic Debate 2015

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmom View Post
    I will just have to watch it later and decide for myself. I finally convinced my husband, a die hard Republican, raised by the type of Republican parents who vote straight party every election, "because it's faster and easier, I know I don't want a Democrat in there, for sure" (sadly, yes, a direct quote from his father), to give Bernie a chance, and he's trying to convince his 70 year old parents to do the same, without much success.

I saw that on facebook this morning and reposted it. Sometimes I think I actually enjoy pissing off the conservative republican's on my page

Side note: I remember after Obama won his first election, I called my in laws the day after, because my husband was in Iraq and had called and wanted me to ask them something for him, and his dad asked me how I felt about the election. When I replied with "I'm honestly excited and happy." his instant response was "well, here's your mother in law" and then handed off the phone. I laughed.
    Ugh I hate people like that. My grandma always says the devil himself could be running democrat and she would still never vote republican. so over the top!
  2. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ugh I hate people like that. My grandma always says the devil himself could be running democrat and she would still never vote republican. so over the top!
    I know. Sometimes blind loyalty is just as dangerous as not voting at all. My in-laws and husband have an annoying tendency to vote on single subjects, for them generally, that would be guns. They have all bought into the NRA bs line of "the democrats will take away your guns if the get enough power"...and all but my DH are members of the NRA (I finally got through to him, about a year ago).

Found this article on the debate and the media coverage interesting.

Michael Durwin | Did Big Media just have its Dewey Won Moment?

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    He's a force she needs to take more seriously because he could honestly take this whole thing with the momentum he is gaining among voters!
    Isn't that how it went for Obama when he first ran? Grassroots campaign with a lot of momentum and promising change for young people. It could work again. I really thought when I heard Hillary was running she would be a shoe in, but Sanders is talking about changing exactly the kind of stuff that really bothers the average American, I think.

I also think finally the older Republican crowd is dwindling. The younger, more progressive crowd that wants to see exactly the kind of change Sanders is talking about are older and more responsible and voting now. Here's to hoping, anyway!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I hated how she used the "First Woman President" spiel like 3 times. I'm not going to vote for you just because you have a vagina
    I noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmom View Post
    I haven't watched the debate, though I did record it with plans to make my husband sit through it but I've been seeing a few liberal sites saying that Clinton won the debate hands down, and I truly hope that is incorrect.
    I heard a political analyst (I think it was from ABC) on the radio the day after the debates saying Hillary Clinton clearly won the debates, because she "didn't have any major gaffes". So I guess in his mind, for some candidates this is the new standard in politics.
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by sldanlm View Post
    I noticed that too.

I heard a political analyst (I think it was from ABC) on the radio the day after the debates saying Hillary Clinton clearly won the debates, because she "didn't have any major gaffes". So I guess in his mind, for some candidates this is the new standard in politics.
    I'm seriously annoyed with how many news networks are so far up Hillary's ass that they genuinely believe she won that debate I cannot wait for primaries, I really hope Sanders pulls it off and beats her. If the viewer polls don't lie, most people already like Bernie over Hillary anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12