1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Weekly Activity
    1.09%

Male Birthcontrol

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere
    The Best Birth Control In The World Is For Men | Techcitement*
    If I were going to describe the perfect contraceptive, it would go something like this: no babies, no latex, no daily pill to remember, no hormones to interfere with mood or sex drive, no negative health effects whatsoever, and 100% effectiveness. The funny thing is, something like that currently exists.

The procedure called RISUG (reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance) takes about 15 minutes with a doctor, is effective after about three days, and lasts for up to 10 years. A doctor applies some local anesthetic, makes a small pinhole in the base of the scrotum, reaches in with a pair of very thin forceps, and pulls out the small white vas deferens tube. Then, the doctor injects a polymer called Vasalgel, pushes the vas deferens back inside, puts a band aid over the small hole, and the man is on his way. If this all sounds incredibly simple and inexpensive, thatís because it is. The chemicals themselves cost less than the syringe used to administer them. But the science of what happens next is the really fascinating part.

The two common chemicals ó styrene maleic anhydride and dimethyl sulfoxide ó form a polymer that thickens over the next 72 hours, much like a pliable epoxy, but the purpose of these chemicals isnít to harden and block the vas deferens. Instead, the polymer lines the wall of the vas deferens and allows sperm to flow freely down the middle (this prevents any pressure buildup), and because of the polymerís pattern of negative/positive polarization, the sperm are torn apart through the polyelectrolytic effect. On a molecular level, itís what supervillains envision will happen when they stick the good guy between two huge magnets and flip the switch.

Easier than aiming magnets at your junk.

With one little injection, this non-toxic jelly will sit there for 10 years without you having to do anything else to not have babies. Set it and forget it. Oh, and when you do decide you want those babies, it only takes one other injection of water and baking soda to flush out the gel, and within two to three months, youíve got all your healthy sperm again.

The trouble is, most people donít even know this exists. And if men only need one super-cheap shot every 10 years, thatís not something that gets big pharmaceutical companies all fired up, because theyíll make zero money on it (even if it might have the side benefit of, you know, destroying HIV).

If this sounds awesome for you or your loved one, get the word out. Share this article. Or this link. Or this one. Or this one. Sign this petition. Do something! A revolutionary contraceptive like this needs all the support it can get.
    Thoughts?

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Weekly Activity
    155.81%
    You, who can get pregnant, rather than he, would trust a man when he says "Oh yeah, i'm shooting blanks this month?"

Trusting the other partner to protect YOU is like Reagan in the 80's with the Soviet Union:
    Trust, but verify, then still make him use a condom because if he believes that he can now have free love, gosh knows what sexually transmitted mines he may be burying in you.
    (Paraphrased from one of his famous speeches.)
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Weekly Activity
    11.94%
    my husbands friends over right now and he and he said he wants that asap. for the rest of his life i'd rather take birth control then have my husband do it

<3
    Weekly Activity
    182.95%
    This kinda makes me nervous, I don't like the idea of shooting stuff around in there. Even if it is "harmless," my husband isn't gonna be in the test group. I'd consider it when it's a common thing.
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Weekly Activity
    1.09%
    i believe birth control should be up to a woman.

(holds up umbrella for shit storm)
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Weekly Activity
    155.81%
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post

Sperm storm maybe, but I agree. Its up to you to make sure YOU are protected.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Just another guy
    Just another guy
    Weekly Activity
    1.09%
    Well, now I wonder if this form of birthcontrol should be forcibly mandated by the government to be covered by all healthcare ever sold ever to anyone in America

hm
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Weekly Activity
    109.66%

I think it's nice that guys are getting a choice too. Nothing wrong with men also taking initiative, I think it's empowering. Like why should women be the only ones who have a say in it?
  9. Just another guy
    Just another guy
    Weekly Activity
    1.09%
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post

wat
    <3
    Weekly Activity
    182.95%
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    You, who can get pregnant, rather than he, would trust a man when he says "Oh yeah, i'm shooting blanks this month?"

Trusting the other partner to protect YOU is like Reagan in the 80's with the Soviet Union:
    Trust, but verify, then still make him use a condom because if he believes that he can now have free love, gosh knows what sexually transmitted mines he may be burying in you.
    (Paraphrased from one of his famous speeches.)
    I see what you're saying, and if it was a random hookup he'd still be wearing a condom. But if my husband told me he had the procedure or took his male bc pill or whatever, yeah I'd trust him. He doesn't have to carry the accident but he's gonna be providing for it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast