Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New to the Site: Military Ball Wardrobe Help

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused New to the Site: Military Ball Wardrobe Help

Advertisements
    Hey guys! This is the first time I've ever used any type of forum but I'm a little desperate. My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few months. We're both in college and he's in the Army ROTC program. I know this is probably for military wives but I dont have anyone else to ask so I hope you'll help me out. My boyfriend's gone for FTX until the night before the military ball he's invited me too. I'm unsure if the dress I bought is appropriate or not. I've watched videos and read websites but the all say different things. I'll attach a like to the dress: https://www.lulus.com/products/mythi...ss/271066.html

If this isn't appropriate enough please let me know. It has an open back but my hair will be down and its about 22 inches long. I still have a week to find a different gown but I cant ask my boyfriend because he's gone and I want to make sure I present him the best that I can, in the most respectful way possible.
  2. Senior Member
    For the days back in college I think what you have is fine...if you have the chest to wear that kind of dress.....me I NEED support so I can't wear open back even back in college. If it continues and all it might change a bit but for now...fine.
  3. Senior Member
    Cute! I love the back! This will definitely be fine.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I think the dress looks fine! I've been to three military balls and I've seen dresses range from poofy ball gowns to short cocktail dress. This dress looks elegant and doesn't show too much skin, so it looks perfect for a military ball
  5. Senior Member
    It looks great

Don't worry too much about what you read online. Have fun, don't drink too much, you'll be fine.
  6. Senior Member
    Definitely appropriate (and I'm always the one on here saying "Dear God, that dress isn't appropriate for a formal ball"!) Also, we have lots of girlfriends (and boyfriends) and fiances on this site, so feel free to stick around.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski