Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New relationship, new to this site... SUPER nervous!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Neutral New relationship, new to this site... SUPER nervous!

Advertisements
    Hi everyone!! I am in the beginning stages of a military relationship and am looking for a bit of advice and support. I'm not sure how all of this works yet but your words of encouragement and willingness to share your stories is beyond incredible! I am already very moved and excited to get to know you.

My met my sailor 4 months ago. We hit it off right away and have been going strong this entire time. I am from NY and he is being relocated to CA very soon, where he could possibly deploy immediately. We have decided to continue seeing each other exclusively and have discussed the importance of open and honest communication. However, I can't help but fear the unknown, especially since this relationship is so new. I'm beginning to develop some very serious feelings for him and I do see the potential for future. Any advice would be amazing!
  2. Senior Member

My advice would be:
    - Discuss your expectations before he leaves to PCS/training/deployments. It's better to do it beforehand because you both know what to expect going into it.
    - Always stay flexible. Plans are changing all the time and that's just military life. Most of the time it's out of his control and you just have to roll with it.
    - Independence is the key to your survival. A lot of the time you will be on your own, so it's important to have friends and interests outside of your SO.

3. Senior Member

We are headed to San Diego soon too! If you ever need anything while visiting
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thank you so much! I will definitely be keeping in contact!