Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My bf will go to uscg bootcamp this 10th of April

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused My bf will go to uscg bootcamp this 10th of April

Advertisements
    My bf will be starting his military journey in 2 days.

We're in a long distance for a year and a half now but we always talk and communicate each other every single day but now he's gonna be part of the coast guard, its gonna be hard for me to adjust knowing I wouldn't be able to talk to him for 2 months.

Can someone give me advice how to adjust myself from the situation? Any words of encouragement means a lot. <3
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    He’ll be all right. So will you

Even if you can’t Skype or text him, you can write to him. He’d probably love to receive a letter from you each week - more than one, if you feel like writing more. He’ll be very busy (eight weeks is not a very long time to cram in everything his instructors have to teach him) but he’ll write back to you if he can.

As for what you can do on your end...find something else to focus on. Anything else will do, as long as it’s not “waaaaah, I miss him!”. Are you a student? Do you have a job to do? A hobby or skill you’ve meant to pick up, something you’ve meant to finish but haven’t done yet?

Give yourself something to do. He has his goals to aim for while he’s there, so what are yours here? What can you do in two months that you’d be proud to show him you’d done?
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Thank youuu...

Well you are right. I should focus more on things to improve myself. I currently working so maybe give my time to be more productive at work.

Its kinda hard for me not to talk to him cause we are in very long distance. Philippines and USA. But if I was able to be strong at regular days before what more with the situation now right? Giving my support and love is the only thing he wanted right now.