Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New to everything

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New to everything

Advertisements
    Hello everyone! I am new to this entire forum and am here looking for support. My boyfriend left for basic training about 4 days ago and it is our first time away from each other in some time. We spent every bit of time we had with one another as we knew the day he had to leave was coming. He is gone for 15 weeks and where I am extremely proud of him and couldn't be more happy for the decision he made I am having a hard time coping with him being gone. I feel empty and have been trying various things to keep my mind off of him. Working out, reading, I have written letters even though I can't send them quite yet and multiple other activities as well. I am pretty new to the army life and would love some pointers on things to do to help me out a little bit more! Thank you.
  2. Senior Member
    It sounds like you're doing all the right things. Initially the separation is hard, but it gets a little easier over time. Hang in there!

3. Senior Member
    The seperation is always hard at first, but you adjust and get into your routine. Sounds like you are off to a good start.