Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: new and lost

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

new and lost

Advertisements
    First time posting here. My son is in the military and his dad was too so im not stranger to the service. i had joined but 2 days before graduation from the basic training I dropped from an asthma attack and was medicalled out. I am lost as this is my first ever time dealing with a deployment. Me and my DB had been together for almost 8 months when he deployed back in Sept. We had bought tickets for a concert this summer while he has been deployed, talked about what to do with my camp in Spring and he had even been looking at buying another motorcycle and if i liked it he would sell it to me when he got back. In less than a week and a half after all this I notice he is pulling away. Not answering texts as much if answering at all. Then he tells me he is not sure if he is ready to be in a relationship. But he still communicates with me abet its not as often as it was and still reads everything i text him. I mean we had a great relationship before he left, never argued once, always got along and had a great time. I dont understand were all this came from. Could it just be he is stressed out? I cant get him to open up on what is going on other than him saying that the longer we go on the more i will get hurt. I told him he cant get rid of me that easy just because hes scared. Anyone else ever deal with someone pulling away a lot once they were deployed even though they had a great relationship before they left?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    thank you i have read through both of these threads. very informative.