Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeling desperate

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Advertisements
    Thank you for the replies. So many of you have helped me already. What a great bunch of people!!
    I need to find more things to fill my life. I have one friend and thats it. I need to expand my circle. It is something that I find hard as I am not good with groups of people and I am VERY shy

I already know that I feel for my DG more than I thought I physically could. If I can make it through this I know we would be happy together. I just need to buck my ideas up and learn how to deal with all of this. This is only my first time having to deal with DG being deployed so I really really hope that it gets....maybe not easier but not so hard to bare.

Question, How does one go about making new friends when you are super shy and nervous around people??
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi Nikki,
    I know how you feel. My DB has completely changed since he left for deployment. He isn't his usual sweet caring self and I got the same reaction from the care package I sent. I ended up finding out he gave most of the stuff away which really upset me. I share your same worry about what it will be like once they return. I don't know what side of him I'm going to get. If it will be the person I fell in love with or the person who seems like they could care less if I'm even speaking to them. Just know you are not alone. I know it's hard adjusting.
  3. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSV15 View Post
    Hi Nikki,
    I know how you feel. My DB has completely changed since he left for deployment. He isn't his usual sweet caring self and I got the same reaction from the care package I sent. I ended up finding out he gave most of the stuff away which really upset me. I share your same worry about what it will be like once they return. I don't know what side of him I'm going to get. If it will be the person I fell in love with or the person who seems like they could care less if I'm even speaking to them. Just know you are not alone. I know it's hard adjusting.
    Eh, I think that is pretty normal. I always told my husband to give away anything he didn't want, need, or have room for. They can't keep all the crap you give them. I actually never sent anything that should be taken back home.

life's a party, rock your body
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Hi JMSV,

It's nice to know that I am not alone. I know there are so many people out there trying to deal with the same kind of things that I am right now, yourself included.
    Lots of them are probably doing better than me but hopefully I'll get better at this whole thing. I think it's natural to have worries and fears about being separated from your loved ones, I just need to find new ways of dealing with things. My DG is the best thing in my life, so I just find it hard being without her. And I hope with all of my being that when she comes home she will be the same loving, gentle, caring person I fell in love with.

I hope you find that when your DB comes home he will be the man he was. I'm sure that all the stress takes its toll but once he's home just reassure him that you still love him and then just keep your fingers crossed!!
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123