Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Learning acronyms like a champ.

1. Regular Member

Learning acronyms like a champ.

Advertisements
    Oh hi, friends!

I've been lurking around here for a while now, and I've finally got the guts to actually make an introduction thread. Silly me for being so shy.

My name's Tracy! I'm a Dallas native, but currently live in Nashville for school. I'm a second year pharmacy student and I spend most of my free time either sleeping, studying, or slaving away as a pharmacy intern at Walgreens. I also have a bachelors degree in psychology and English, so sometimes I dabble in short story writing (and playing therapist to my friends) whenever I'm not too exhausted from cramming drugs into my head.

My boyfriend is a pilot in the Air Force - he's a little nerd, so he went to the Air Force Academy, then pilot training, and right now he's deep into his third deployment. We've been together for over a year and it's been a crazy ride, especially considering I knew nothing about the military life before I met him. We actually met two years ago, but I forgot to respond to his text and didn't text him back until exactly a year later... and then on his first deployment, he decided to make me his girlfriend. Literally on his first day abroad. What a goof. Here's a fun fact though: we had our first official date at Disneyworld. Naturally after that, he's totally a keeper. But nevertheless, I jumped into the military life without any warning and I'm still trying to figure things out!

I'd love to make new friends to get through deployment with, because even though it's our third together, it really doesn't get any easier. Any advice, any words of encouragement, any funny dog videos are also appreciated :-)
    Last edited by serendipitease; 11-13-2017 at 11:29 PM.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

3 deployments in a year? Holy hell.

Welcome!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipitease View Post
    Oh hi, friends!

I've been lurking around here for a while now, and I've finally got the guts to actually make an introduction thread. Silly me for being so shy.

My name's Tracy! I'm a Dallas native, but currently live in Nashville for school. I'm a second year pharmacy student and I spend most of my free time either sleeping, studying, or slaving away as a pharmacy intern at Walgreens. I also have a bachelors degree in psychology and English, so sometimes I dabble in short story writing (and playing therapist to my friends) whenever I'm not too exhausted from cramming drugs into my head.

My boyfriend is a pilot in the Air Force - he's a little nerd, so he went to the Air Force Academy, then pilot training, and right now he's deep into his third deployment. We've been together for over a year and it's been a crazy ride, especially considering I knew nothing about the military life before I met him. We actually met two years ago, but I forgot to respond to his text and didn't text him back until exactly a year later... and then on his first deployment, he decided to make me his girlfriend. Literally on his first day abroad. What a goof. Here's a fun fact though: we had our first official date at Disneyworld. Naturally after that, he's totally a keeper. But nevertheless, I jumped into the military life without any warning and I'm still trying to figure things out!

I'd love to make new friends to get through deployment with, because even though it's our third together, it really doesn't get any easier. Any advice, any words of encouragement, any funny dog videos are also appreciated :-)
    from a fellow Texan and Disney nerd!

4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    and from another Dis-nerd!