Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy girlfriend! New to the site!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hello Navy girlfriend! New to the site!

Advertisements
    Hello! My name is Taylor and I just became a member today! I am hoping to find people that are going through what I am going through, and hopefully this makes some things easier. I'm hoping to find support that I can't get from my friends, just because they don't get what it is like.

My boyfriend is on a mini deployment right now and I am really missing being able to talk to him.. Which is also causing lots of stress. I am thinking about flying to see him (I live in Nevada) over Christmas break but I don't want to buy the plane ticket until I talk to him and prices are just going up. I also am worried because I should not be spending that kind of money, I am a college student. Which as everyone knows.. that means I'm just about broke! I am also running track and have no time for a job because of the time I put into track.. I think I will end up going to see him even though I shouldn't spend that much. This will be the last time I can see him before he goes on deployment for a long time.. Hoping maybe someone has ideas or comments! I just feel alone because my friends don't understand..
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Hey I’m extremely new to this & my gf is on a mini deployment right now & also have friends that just don’t understand ! I️ definitely think you should buy that plane ticket especially since he’ll be getting deployed for a longer time ! If you wana talk more and just vent feel free to message me ! (:
  3. Regular Member
    Hey, welcome to the site!

My boyfriend is away for the Army and none of my friends or even family members understand either.

But this website makes you feel less alone so I'm glad you found it! Definitely utilize it.

feel free to message me whenever you need!
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellb12 View Post
    Hey I’m extremely new to this & my gf is on a mini deployment right now & also have friends that just don’t understand ! I️ definitely think you should buy that plane ticket especially since he’ll be getting deployed for a longer time ! If you wana talk more and just vent feel free to message me ! (:
    I'm in a similar situation. I bought my ticket this last week! I say go for it...as my DB says, "the world is your oyster"
  6. Regular Member
    Hi there! Plane tickets are the worst to buy when you're dating military, I totally feel ya on that. I always bought my plane ticket when they were cheap and figured if anything happens, I could just change the flight. Check your airline for their rescheduling policy! I always fly Southwest when I visit my boyfriend, and there's no fee for changing the dates for your flight and they'll give you credit to put towards a future flight if you have to cancel it. If for some reason you can't visit over the holidays, you'll have credit to see him another time.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi Taylor ! I'm a newbie also and looking for friends to talk to because my friends don't get it either. I know what you mean about missing being able to talk to him
  9. Regular Member
    Welcome! I'm also pretty new to this. My boyfriend is currently on his first deployment, and my closest friends don't really understand either. I think the generational gap means that a lot of folks our age (I'm in college too) don't really know a lot of people in the military, so they have a hard time understanding or relating to what you're going through. They'll sometimes say things they don't realize are offensive, or they don't know how to be supportive, etc.

I find these online milso communities to be super helpful because I can talk celebrate my relationship with people who understand, plus ask questions and get really helpful advice!

Best of luck to you and feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat!
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I am new to all this also. Feeling much of the same things that you have mentioned. I am hoping this site will help me out in my many hours of need that I am sure to have.
    Here if you want to chat.