Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost and out off my league But Optimistic

1. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%

Advertisements
    to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    60.26%
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Sounds like a scam.
    - retiring soon to your area
    - divorced because wife cheated on him while he was deployed
    - hurt on mission which delayed him from returning

There may very well be a person in the military with the name he gave you. That doesn't mean you were communicating with that person. It is not uncommon for scams to be run using a real military person's name and background.
    often scammers take real names because the name appears on the uniform.

Did you talk on the phone? most scammers won't even talk on the phone.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%
    No. We spent more time not talking than talking. I was not as invested when we were communicating because I don't fall in love easily. However, as I reflect on the many serious conversation we had, I am becoming more enthused with the memories. I have not put my life on hold. I told him if he came home we would start as friends.
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!
    Lv. Percent
    62.77%

Personally, I'd just move on. This screams scam to me. I'm sorry.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfranci1 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Kathy. I am retired and ready to explore the world. Met a very nice gentleman on a dating site. He did not advertise himself as a soldier in his profile. I have no experience with military men, so I had no knowledge about the military. He said he was retiring and coming home after 29 years and he would be home in months. I am an older woman with lots of experience so trusting easily is not one of them. I was a successful career woman only looking for companionship and a travel partner to embark on the next chapter of my life. He was in the middle east and we would email when he was able. To make this short, I changed email address, we lost contact and it's been two and a half years. He would be moving back to our home town after retiring, I have not heard from him in all that time. I am angry with myself because he was very happy and thought it was faith that our paths crossed. He wanted to talk about the future but I thought we should wait until he got home to make sure we had a true connection, However, I have never met such a respectable caring kind man. I have fallen for him. I had stay away from relationships for a long time for the fear of getting hurt and it has happened any way. No one in my life believe that he is real or that I will ever see him so I have not been able to talk about him in two and a half years. My family think I am crazy so I can't say anything about him. But I know the things we talked about could not have been made up. Unfortunately, I did not know I needed to know his military credentials to track him down, so that never came up in our discussions. He was coming home! So we would chat on Yahoo when he could sometimes it would be as long as ten days if he went on a mission. I just don't know what to think. I don't know if I am waiting in vain? Very confused and fustrated. Am I really being foolish (I don't believe so) It really takes a lot to impress me so I am thankful for the service he is providing for us all but I need none of the military perks or other things I have been reading about. I am glad I met him at this stage of my !ife because I could not have been a military wife through multiple deployments, If anyone has any words of encouragement I would value your input. Thanks, Kathy
    He hasn't been on Facebook in over six years. He told me he was devorced. After talking to him for a while and seeing what a gentleman he was, I told him to come clean and tell me what he did for anyone to give him up? He said it was a long story but he had been deployed three times to the Middle East and his wife was not supportive of his career and she had multiple affairs.
    At that time I said, Wha happen to the for better or worst and supporting your spouse. He said, you are the kind of woman I should have married! I said, I was not wanting any relationship then. No plans of marriage��. I now understand how hard it was for her. I would never ever cheat on my husband but I get how difficult the unknown is. No communication in a year and a half is a lot to handle. I ever find him I might reconsider my feeling are so strong for him. I feel like we knew each other in another life he was so easy to talk too. Long story but At&t will not give me access to the account because they over charged me and I will not pay them so all of my information was seized. I know he must be wondering what happen to me as I am wondering what happened to him and worrying myself to deathad hoping that he didn't get hurt. Thank you for replying.
    I did an identity check from the information given. Ex's name, child's name etc. The first time it was nine months. Then I did hear from him last March and he said got hurt in a mission that went wrong which has delayed him. We communicated for another three weeks. My family was not happy since it made me upset. He said he would not contact me again until he got home because he didn't want to cause me any more pain than he had already. I told him he would not stop communicating with me but that's when communication broke down on my side. Truthfully, I am an independent woman that would be already gone but I have spoken to about ten different physics that asure me that it appears like a scam but he is very and he will come. Some emotional issues with the mission and other things has caused his delay. So I don't think so many of them could be wrong. Three years is my limit however.
    He did email from it because he wasn't able to get into the paid site ever often with his duties but the lap top I used died and that was the email address seized. I will do what you said. I called the army and they found what I was given but the rank was different so I couldn't think of anything else to do.
    Thank you.
    No. We spent more time not talking than talking. I was not as invested when we were communicating because I don't fall in love easily. However, as I reflect on the many serious conversation we had, I am becoming more enthused with the memories. I have not put my life on hold. I told him if he came home we would start as friends.
    It's been 2.5 years. You can't track "him" down, and you've never met. Scam.

He may very well have stolen a real name and rank, but be someone completely different/trying to scam you. Sorry.
  6. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    78.57%
    Have you spoken with him on the phone ever? Have you video chatted? Or has he given you a million excuses as to why he canít?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12