Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Another Newbie Coming In!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Another Newbie Coming In!

Advertisements
    Hey there!
    So to get to know my situation a bit as well as myself...I am 20 years old in love with my new Airman who recently graduated from BMT June 1st, 2017! Yay! We have been seriously dating for a little over a year and things have been super rocky ever since he decided to join the military. However, things worked out, we couldn't be without each other and we somehow knew that the month apart we were going to eventually get back together "(which we did! obviously since I am here trying to meet new people and make the best out of this experience)
    Currently, I am going to start working on my 4th year of college hopefully obtaining my B.S. in a year and a half (crossed fingers! x) My boyfriend and I have discussed marriage but I honestly don't know how that would be and I am scared of what my parents think! I have known Jonathan ever since high school, we dated and even went to our prom together! Neither of us thought we would be here now, from how things ended up back then, but here we are! My parents have met my boyfriend and well although they are not very happy with the fact that I want to wait for a guy who can say at any point "I don't want to be with you anymore." But here I am and well they just don't bring up Jonathan much if at all. So anywhos.... I have met his whole family (and I mean his WHOLE family! that was a bit overwhelming and scary but it happened) His family loves me according to his sister and the fact that his grandma calls me her "nuera" meaning her grandson's wife. So family wise I feel like we were blessed to have the type of relationship we have with them.
    I wasn't able to attend his graduation sadly, my parents didn't grant me permission which really sucked! but nonetheless, he understood and well now I'm in the waiting game again to see when I get to hear from him.

Well, I sort of ranted off a bit in there (sorry) but yes, this is part of my story! Thank you for whoever actually took the time to read this, comments, advice are much very indeed welcomed! Again, THANKS!
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
    Hey there!
    So to get to know my situation a bit as well as myself...I am 20 years old in love with my new Airman who recently graduated from BMT June 1st, 2017! Yay! We have been seriously dating for a little over a year and things have been super rocky ever since he decided to join the military. However, things worked out, we couldn't be without each other and we somehow knew that the month apart we were going to eventually get back together "(which we did! obviously since I am here trying to meet new people and make the best out of this experience)
    Currently, I am going to start working on my 4th year of college hopefully obtaining my B.S. in a year and a half (crossed fingers! x) My boyfriend and I have discussed marriage but I honestly don't know how that would be and I am scared of what my parents think! I have known Jonathan ever since high school, we dated and even went to our prom together! Neither of us thought we would be here now, from how things ended up back then, but here we are! My parents have met my boyfriend and well although they are not very happy with the fact that I want to wait for a guy who can say at any point "I don't want to be with you anymore." But here I am and well they just don't bring up Jonathan much if at all. So anywhos.... I have met his whole family (and I mean his WHOLE family! that was a bit overwhelming and scary but it happened) His family loves me according to his sister and the fact that his grandma calls me her "nuera" meaning her grandson's wife. So family wise I feel like we were blessed to have the type of relationship we have with them.
    I wasn't able to attend his graduation sadly, my parents didn't grant me permission which really sucked! but nonetheless, he understood and well now I'm in the waiting game again to see when I get to hear from him.

Well, I sort of ranted off a bit in there (sorry) but yes, this is part of my story! Thank you for whoever actually took the time to read this, comments, advice are much very indeed welcomed! Again, THANKS!
    Welcome! I'm a little confused about your parents not giving you permission to go to his graduation... you're 20 and in college.
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Welcome to the forum!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Welcome! I'm a little confused about your parents not giving you permission to go to his graduation... you're 20 and in college.
    Thanks!
    Yeah well that was their decision. I live with them still and since I live under their roof well I need to obey their decisions. But it's not like i do crazy stuff. Im at school in the library almost the whole day every day and they know the type of kid they raised but yeah sadly wasn't granted permission.