Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hello! Air Force Girlfriend Here...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hello! Air Force Girlfriend Here...

Advertisements
    Hi! With things moving along with my boyfriend, I have fully started diving into my role as a military significant other.

I'll be attending his squadron's dining-out soon (and flying cross-country to do it) and I'm pretty excited. We're long distance right now and will be getting even more long-distance once he goes overseas for about 2 years. Our relationship started out long distance about a year ago though and we've known each other long-distance for about 10 years so it's nothing super new... just kind of crappy that we can't see each other as often as we do now. Big bonus is that he'll get to move closer to me once he comes back so we're both doing the happy dance for that.
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by ksds100 View Post
    Hi! With things moving along with my boyfriend, I have fully started diving into my role as a military significant other.

I'll be attending his squadron's dining-out soon (and flying cross-country to do it) and I'm pretty excited. We're long distance right now and will be getting even more long-distance once he goes overseas for about 2 years. Our relationship started out long distance about a year ago though and we've known each other long-distance for about 10 years so it's nothing super new... just kind of crappy that we can't see each other as often as we do now. Big bonus is that he'll get to move closer to me once he comes back so we're both doing the happy dance for that.

Can you visit him while he's overseas? That is always my go to silver lining for overseas long distance I hope it all goes well!
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I am so happy you will get to see him soon! Enjoy the time together
  4. Senior Member
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.