Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Greetings and Salutations!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hello Greetings and Salutations!

Advertisements
    Hello everyone!

I guess I'm the newest almost-spouse of an almost-military guy. I'm an artsy creative person, gamer, and gardener. My husband-to-be will be enlisting in the Army within a few months, and we're trying to decide when to officially tie the knot. I think we are a bit older than the typical new military couple, with me being in my later 20's and he in his early 30's. He wants to join before he's too old! Over the next year we will be facing many life-changing things such as marriage, separation during Basic and AIT, finding out his first Duty Station, and making the choice to quit my job and follow him or stay put and keep working. By the way, I work as a prop-maker for professional theatre and I do freelance art and design work too. My SO is a professional massage therapist and carpenter in the theatre industry. It'll be a big change for us and I hope to have your support along the way. I also want to make informational YouTube videos for military spouses as life hurdles come our way, to help out other young military couples with questions.

Anyways, thanks for reading my blab and I hope to make lasting connections during this new phase of our lives.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Welcome to the forum!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Welcome Thank you to your soon to be husband for entering military service. I would not presume to suggest you should or should not get married since that is a very personal decision. That being said, you might want to consider looking into the military benefits available to you as a spouse and/or as a girlfriend. There is a huge difference if you are a spouse compared to a girlfriend. Of course not knowing you or your SO this could make a difference in your decision together. I am just saying both of you should be informed by gathering important information to help you both make the right decision together