Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling sometimes with being a military girlfriend

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Let alone if he is in a teaching command....those spouses aren't getting together. I have found that non deployable commands don't need the support as deployable commands do. I spent 4 years very lonely cause we were in a non deploying command cause we didn't need anything from anyone.
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I'm not sure what base you're at but maybe through this page try to get wives/girlfriends together that are at the same base. I've seen others do it.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyc5man View Post
    Yes I have tried I go to all his functions I have ask to be added on there Facebook and they said only the wife's are aloud on there. My boyfriend was actually very upset about it. But we just decided if that's the way they were going to be then I'm better off not to be friends with them anyway.
    If they are that excluding that they won't even allow you to be a member on a Facebook page or other events that aren't limited specifically by the command then they probably aren't the type of people to be supportive anyway. If your boyfriend has any friends that are married or dating someone that may be a good informal way to make friends. Besides going to social things with DB, it was always nice to meet and get to know his roommates or friends wives/girlfriends.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyc5man View Post
    Yes I have tried I go to all his functions I have ask to be added on there Facebook and they said only the wife's are aloud on there. My boyfriend was actually very upset about it. But we just decided if that's the way they were going to be then I'm better off not to be friends with them anyway.
    The boat FB page for the FRG is only for those listed on the ombudsman sheet as well because that's how they communicate functions. Has your DB asked anyone why they only allow wives? Does he have any married friends? Perhaps you can start getting closer to other wives and girlfriends without the official part and that might make a difference. I have a feeling if they don't allow girlfriends it isn't an official group or there's more to it like I mentioned in my first post. Most people don't exclude a 5 year girlfriend just because.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't know how the Air Force does things when it comes to their significant other and family groups but with the Navy it is the CO's group. The CO determines things like if it is only spouses or can those not married to the SM participate. That group may be cliqueish or they may be following what they were told. Just throwing that out there. Also if they are that cliqueish they may have pushed away spouses that are not so there is a good possibility they're not all like that.

Does your DB have any friends that have girlfriends/finances/wives that you could get to know? FB may also have pages for your area. There may be a general military SO page for your area on FB. Or you may find pages covering your general interests and you could meet people that way. Volunteering is a good way to meet people. Not sure if you're looking at meeting people in general or just military SOS.
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.

just a heads up... I merged your two similar threads together, as it is against TOS to post alike/similar threads in different areas of the boards.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    hey im in the same boat you can message me if you like
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I'm also in a similar situation. I don't think we can message until we hit 15 posts, but I wouldn't mind talking to either one of you when we get there lol!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12