Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy GF

1. Regular Member

Navy GF

Advertisements
    Hi everyone. I've been on the site for the past few months and DB and I have been together for over a year now, but I thought I would drop in and introduce myself (especially as I got a new computer at work and have a proper keyboard now to type things on).

DB and I are currently abroad in Japan at this time and I'm still on the fence about following him back to the US come end of the year (if some of you recall that post).
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Welcome. Why do you not want to follow him back to the US? Are you from Japan with family there?
  4. Senior Member
    Welcome!!!
    Dh was stationed in sasebo and loved the area.
  5. Regular Member
    I've been living in Japan for close to 7 years now so I'm rather adjusted here - life, job, etc. I can also do everything I need to in Japanese, but I wouldn't know how to do in America.

Especially how do most people do health insurance? It's just crazy and I've been in a country with national health care (I paid the equivalent of 50$ for a two week hospital stay when I was laid up with pneumonia...)? So I've been very apprehensive about leaving.

We're near Yokosuka, but I'm quite familiar with a ton of the other bases. Sasebo is really pretty in the spring.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrin View Post
    I've been living in Japan for close to 7 years now so I'm rather adjusted here - life, job, etc. I can also do everything I need to in Japanese, but I wouldn't know how to do in America.

Especially how do most people do health insurance? It's just crazy and I've been in a country with national health care (I paid the equivalent of 50$ for a two week hospital stay when I was laid up with pneumonia...)? So I've been very apprehensive about leaving.

We're near Yokosuka, but I'm quite familiar with a ton of the other bases. Sasebo is really pretty in the spring.
    So are you originally from the US then and moved to Japan for work? Or are you from a different country over on that side of the world, and ended up in Japan?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrin View Post

Yea.... 50 dollars will get you a soda in the waiting room of a hospital here. And maybe a cab voucher
  8. Regular Member
    Welcome! I hope that whatever you decide to do works out. I know how difficult long distance relationships can be so that's a difficult decision. If you come to America, a lot of us here can give you a lot of suggestions on how things work here and how to get used to it. If you want to talk through your options, feel free to talk to me! Where in the US is he going to? What is your job? It may not be too difficult to find a new job here. Change can be scary, but the adventure can be worth it