Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New Army Girlfriend

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New Army Girlfriend

Advertisements
    Hello my name is Julia,
    My boyfriend left for boot camp two days ago & i honestly don't know how to cope with it. Every time i hear a song on the radio it reminds me of him and it just makes me want to miss him even more or if i see a picture of him it makes me want to cry. I never thought this would be so hard to deal with every day and i song know what to do with myself. Before my boyfriend left i was living with him and his family and now that his gone the room is so empty and it feels weird not sleeping next to him. I just need some help figuring out how to deal with all this pain inside. I don't know how to make myself feel better i mean i go to work and yeah his off my mind for a couple hours but something always reminds me of him

if anyone can please help me cope i would really appreciate it.
    please & thank you
    ~Julia Oropeza
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Write in a journal while he's gone and when he comes home, give it to him to read. Find a hobby to get into while he's gone. I hope you feel better.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. Senior Member
    Welcome!! The first few weeks were the hardest for me, but it gets easier. You get into a routine, start doing things you enjoy, etc. There will always be things around that remind you of him, but remember where he is at is only temporary and he will be back home sooner than later.
  5. Regular Member
    Start writing letters to him! Try to stay positive & upbeat, don't go on and on about how miserable you are feeling. Two reasons for this: 1- You don't want to worry him right now, he needs to focus on what he's doing. 2-It'll help you to stay positive too and that's definitely going to help!

Save the letters & wait for him to send you his address & stuff. After that, just write, write, write. When my DB was in basic we were just friends but I made sure that he would get a letter for almost every other day. It helped me to have something to do & it helped him to have something to look forward to. That's how we got so close & when he came back we knew that we wanted to be together. Anyway, personal stories aside.

Don't try to put him out of your head because it will probably not work! Instead, just shift your focus. If you think about him, write him a note. Make a list of things you want to do when he comes home & just keep adding to it. Make lists of movies. Plan your trip to his graduation, what you're going to wear, etc. These are not things you're doing because you have to, you can do them to help you keep your mind off the current situation & help you look ahead to him being home again.

Also make some goals for yourself. Maybe you can use the next few months to read books you've been wanting to read. You could learn how to cook, or start a new workout. What worked for me was that I started running every day for those 5 months. I watched what I ate & took care of myself. It was cool bc it kept me busy & by the end of the summer I had lost weight & looked better & felt better about myself too! So just use this time to find something for yourself!!!

Good luck! You got this. It'll be challenging, but you'll get through it!