Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New military fiancé.

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New military fiancé.

Advertisements
    It has been 1 month 2weeks and 6 days since I've heard from him... I know he's okay because if anything were to happen to him I'd receive a call. It's so hard not being able to talk to him. Im living in Canada and will be moving to the United States when he gets home. I've gotten 2 jobs just to keep myself distracted so I don't think too much about it. He has until November until he gets to come home... which I'm working through. I love him with every part of me and I can't wait for him to come home so we can start our family and get married.
    I just really need someone that has been through this to just reassure me that everything is going to work out and be okay...
    Like is this normal? Going months without talking... this is all new to me.
  2. Regular Member
    Every trip is a different adventure and every group of military has their own ability for communication. Sometimes they get to a place with laptops, phones, WIFI, hot showers and real food. Other times they have smoke signals and a goat... There is no way to know what they are walking into.
    Patience is hard to come by when you're sitting on pins and needles and worried for a loved ones safety. And it's okay to have moments of anxiety and panic but just know he's trained well and will contact you and his family as soon as time and equipment is available. Back in WWII they went months without a letter, so we still have it pretty good!! Keep busy, keep calm and keep your chin up!!
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thankyou so much. I cry a lot but I know how much we love eachother i just wish I could talk to him again I will never take talking to him every day for advantage ever again. Like I said I'm keeping myself extremely busy, working 2 full time jobs taking care of family and taking care of my dog not to mention house work and yard work haha I'm a 20 year old with her hands totally full.. I just hate that it's been so long... I listen to voice recordings of him at night before I sleep and I keep his lucky patch next to my heart, he's my everything.. see, he was suppose to be home in march. Now not till November. He will be gone for a total of 18 months... but I cannot wait for him to come home. Makes me tear up just thinking about seeing him and being able to just be in his arms...
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Awesome thankyou I just joined today so I'm still figuring out how this all works. Thanks.