Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NewAirForce gf wants advice

1. Regular Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    I get like that too. Sometimes we just NEED to see each other even though it's 8-10 hours of traveling and 2 flights to do so. If I were you I would think about going to see him. Memorial weekend is coming up soon so he should get a 3-4 day weekend

Absolutely. The bolded part. I think she is right. If you can and he does have a 3-4 day weekend you should. It could probably resolve those feelings you have!
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    As much as I would love to, I can't. :/ because 1.) Conservative parents. 2.) I already seen him up there 2x in January and February, so my parents keeps telling me that it's his turn even though it's difficult for him to leave. 3.) He's going to be on leave Memorial Day weekend to vacation in Florida with his family. Trust me, I would go in a heartbeat if I could. He was supposed to come this weekend, but his brother decided to leave for the Bahamas with his gf. So now I have to wait another month.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
    As much as I would love to, I can't. :/ because 1.) Conservative parents. 2.) I already seen him up there 2x in January and February, so my parents keeps telling me that it's his turn even though it's difficult for him to leave. 3.) He's going to be on leave Memorial Day weekend to vacation in Florida with his family. Trust me, I would go in a heartbeat if I could. He was supposed to come this weekend, but his brother decided to leave for the Bahamas with his gf. So now I have to wait another month.
    Aww I'm sorry :/ that's frustrating. If you have to wait another month to see each other, maybe you should do some sort of count down type thing for yourself. That way you have something to look forward to and not only that just try to keep yourself superrrr busy this next month to help the time fly by a little faster.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Yeah, trust me I cried when I found out he was unable to come home. I'm not blaming him for it, just the brother
  5. Senior Member
    Do your parents understand that he can't leave a certain radius without permission?

Also confused about how his brother going on vacation impacts him visiting you.

And how is he getting all of these passes?? His leadership must be pretty lax if they were going to let him leave to see you two weeks before taking leave.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I probably should have explained the brother situation earlier.. You see, his brother goes to West Virginia University (4hrs away from my boyfriend) my boyfriend was supposed to meet his brother Friday night at the University so that he wouldn't have to drive the full 6hrs after working majority of the day. Then leave with his brother Sunday. But his brother decided to leave for the Bahamas that weekend with his gf. My boyfriend can't leave because his brother is driving up there with his gf to spend the night to catch a plane. My boyfriend was technically supposed to come home for Mother's Day, but we would have had time to meet up. But it's not going to happen either way
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I know it's a confusing situation, but trust me when I say that I'm unable to see him. Also, my parents don't understand that part because many of my other military friends come home on the weekend once in a while.
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123