Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NewAirForce gf wants advice

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Advertisements
    Also, I had a very similar scenario happen to me with my ex, except the difference between this one and my military situation is that my ex's gf announced that they were together (even though we were together) and made sure I saw it. That's why I was insecure about the whole Facebook thing. Social media sucks man!
  2. Senior Member
    Did he ever flirt with you or anything like that while he was in another relationship?
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    No, we were just friends. He didn't flirt with me at all. And honestly, even if he did attempt to, I would have punched him in the throat personally because that's not right.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    We started dating 6 months after they broke up because we wanted to take things slow rather than jump into something we weren't ready for.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
    No, we were just friends. He didn't flirt with me at all. And honestly, even if he did attempt to, I would have punched him in the throat personally because that's not right.
    Sorry, I totally didn't mean to imply that you would do something like that. It's just that if he had a history of doing it I would be more concerned. Since you were his female friend while he was in a relationship that he respected, let me ask you this: would it bother you if his friendship with this girl was like the friendship you had with him while he was dating his ex? It seems to me that having close female friends is fairly normal for him, right?
  6. Regular Member
    It sounds like he respects his relationships when he's in them. So you probably have nothing to worry about. If you two have been apart for a while it's probably just one of those times where you're missing him and letting your mind get the best of you.
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Haha, you're fine! I understood why you asked that question! I guess the simplest answer I could think of is that I was his female friend at the time, and never expected to get back together with him. Also, as bad as I had it with relationships, it's difficult to grasp the concept that he is unlike any of my relationships. Lastly, I'm on a certain medication that causes my hormones to make me upset at the smallest things. My mind is at more ease thanks to this conversation with other women, it's just difficult to get used to the female friend concept. That's why I wanted to seek advice in the first place. I want to trust as much as it's hard to trust. If that makes sense.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I was thinking about the same thing honestly Figgychick. Because it's been since February since I seen him
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
    I was thinking about the same thing honestly Figgychick. Because it's been since February since I seen him
    I get like that too. Sometimes we just NEED to see each other even though it's 8-10 hours of traveling and 2 flights to do so. If I were you I would think about going to see him. Memorial weekend is coming up soon so he should get a 3-4 day weekend
  10. Regular Member
    I'm guessing you're fairly young, no?

Given your past relationships, it is completely normal to feel the way you do. I'm sure I would too. Just don't let your past relationships issues get into your head too much and ruin the good relationship it sounds like you have going. With being young and being on medication that causes your hormones to fluctuate, it's not surprising you feel the way you do. Along with the fact that you haven't seen him for a few months.

The whole being good friends with females type thing used to bother me with my DH, but that was because of my past relationships as well. It took a while to get over it, but I did and now our relationship is awesome. We both have trust for each other and it doesn't bother me that he's around other women. It is what it is and why stress about something you can't control when you know you have a faithful SO? See what I'm saying?

Don't let your mind mess with you so much girl, you'll be fine and like I said, from the sounds of it he seems to have respect for his relationships and he's just growing in his AirForce career and making new friends.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast