Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to do?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

What to do?

Advertisements
    I really want to become a Marine but I'm scared that when I do I'll lose my boyfriend. It has been my dream since I was 12...is it worth the chance of losing the man I love? He is a ex Marine.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

What to do???

Hi. I am wanting to join the Marine Corp but i am scared of losing my boy friend when I move away. He is an ex Marine but really lazy now that he is out. I'm scared he won't try to keep us together. It's my dream to be a Marine. But is it worth the chance of losing the man I love?
    Please help!
  3. Senior Member
    Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't support your goals and won't put in effort to make your relationship work? If the relationship is important to him he will stick it out. If not, you end up with the career you've always wanted.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.

I merged your like threads as it is against TOS to post the same thing in two separate sections of the board.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't support your goals and won't put in effort to make your relationship work? If the relationship is important to him he will stick it out. If not, you end up with the career you've always wanted.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    If he doesn't support your goals, he's not someone you should be with. Have you talked with him about it yet? Has he shown you he won't be supportive?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Way to put it, agreed!
  7. Moderator

Short answer: Yes.

You shouldn't be with someone who doesn't support your dreams.