Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New Marine Girlfriend

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New Marine Girlfriend

Advertisements
    Hi guys,

My name is Sarah. I'm a college student and just entered a relationship with a Marine whom I grew up with. I'm actually the only one in my immediate family who didn't enlist, so I have a lot of experience in dealing with being far from loved ones. My parents met in Desert Shield, one brother is in the Army reserves, and my other brother just got out of the Marines. It was hard having my brothers deployed and hardly being able to speak to them when I was going through middle and high school, and I thought I was done with the worry. But once I left for college, I realized that I really missed my buddy who enlisted, so I kept in contact and sure enough now we're together. I won't be able to see him for a few months so I decided to come here and connect with people more experienced with military relationships.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Regular Member
    Hi there! Welcome and it's nice to meet you. My family is somewhat similar. My uncle and my grandfather and my dad were all military and a bunch of my other extended family went military, served their time and got out. So I definitely understand the missing family bit.

Feel free to message me if you ever need or want to chat! Welcome again!