Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Newbie here! Air Force Girlfriend :)

  1. Fresh Newbie
    rmd722's Avatar
    rmd722 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    #1

    Newbie here! Air Force Girlfriend :)

    Advertisements
    Hi all! I'm Robin and I am an Air Force (Air National Guard) girlfriend! My boyfriend and I have been together for little over a year now and he leaves for his first deployment soon! I love my boyfriend and I love that he is serving his country, but I am scared. I joined this website to hopefully find the support I will need when he is away. I am sure there are plenty of other significant others/spouses who feel the same way as I do! Any advice would be appreciated
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Crystal's Avatar
    Crystal is offline
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."
    Posts
    53,547




    #2
    to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Regular Member
    ZirconDragon's Avatar
    ZirconDragon is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    98
    #3
    Hi there! Welcome. Glad you found us. I'm happy to chat if you ever need!
  4. Regular Member
    llenabena's Avatar
    llenabena is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    43
    #4
    Welcome!! I'm also available to chat whenever, my boyfriend is in the Air Force too. We've been through a deployment before, and he's currently away on operation. I hope you're holding up okay My advice is: keep a journal to write your feelings in, find projects to do, send him care packages, focus on yourself and your dreams, set goals and achieve them, reward yourself at checkpoints through the deployment, reach out to friends and family, seriously surround yourself with people and positivity! No pity parties (much) and remember he wouldn't want you to be sad, so go and live your life as if he were right there next to you, and he'll be back before you know it. I know it's all easier said than done, but I promise after a few weeks the pain will dull, and you'll find your own groove and routine without him. And remember this is just temporary! He WILL be back and you guys WILL be happily continuing on with your life I hope this helped!
  5. The name says it all!
    ALil2Naughty's Avatar
    ALil2Naughty is offline
    The name says it all!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Loki's chambers
    Posts
    26,356

    #5
    First, welcome to the forum! Second, it's totally normal to feel like you do concerning being away from him for so long! My husband left right after our daughter was born, but when he came back, he was back to normal within (I'd say) 2 weeks. I hope you find the support you're looking for on here and that this time apart flies!

    DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.




  6. Fresh Newbie
    rmd722's Avatar
    rmd722 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by llenabena View Post
    Welcome!! I'm also available to chat whenever, my boyfriend is in the Air Force too. We've been through a deployment before, and he's currently away on operation. I hope you're holding up okay My advice is: keep a journal to write your feelings in, find projects to do, send him care packages, focus on yourself and your dreams, set goals and achieve them, reward yourself at checkpoints through the deployment, reach out to friends and family, seriously surround yourself with people and positivity! No pity parties (much) and remember he wouldn't want you to be sad, so go and live your life as if he were right there next to you, and he'll be back before you know it. I know it's all easier said than done, but I promise after a few weeks the pain will dull, and you'll find your own groove and routine without him. And remember this is just temporary! He WILL be back and you guys WILL be happily continuing on with your life I hope this helped!
    Thank you so much! That really helps actually
  7. Fresh Newbie
    rmd722's Avatar
    rmd722 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    First, welcome to the forum! Second, it's totally normal to feel like you do concerning being away from him for so long! My husband left right after our daughter was born, but when he came back, he was back to normal within (I'd say) 2 weeks. I hope you find the support you're looking for on here and that this time apart flies!
    Thank you so much!
  8. Fresh Newbie
    rmd722's Avatar
    rmd722 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ZirconDragon View Post
    Hi there! Welcome. Glad you found us. I'm happy to chat if you ever need!
    Thank you! I will definitely keep that in mind
  9. Regular Member
    Cali49's Avatar
    Cali49 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    79
    #9
    Hi there ���� My DB is Air Force too, he is about to deploy soon and I am nervous for multiple reasons as well. If you ever want to talk I am here!
  10. Fresh Newbie
    rmd722's Avatar
    rmd722 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    #10
    Thank you! Hopefully we can talk more and help each other!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •