Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Army Girlfriend

1. Regular Member

Thumbs Up New Army Girlfriend

Advertisements
    Hi y'all,

My name is Amy and I am new to the army life. My boyfriend left for basic training on March 13th and I have been receiving letters from him and also had 3 phone calls. I am actually still having a tough time with all of this and i am not good at coping with stress. So, this is hitting me pretty hard. Just wanted to see if anyone can help me and give me some advice? I would like to hear your experiences and what how you got through basic. And I was wondering if it is normal to still be this upset. I will see him next month!
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Regular Member
    Totally normal! Lol. For me, getting through basic training was the worst. I had some good days, but for the most part I was miserable without my DB. Yes, keeping yourself busy does help, but those moments where you aren't doing anything, you can't help but to think about your loved one. Once graduation comes, you'll see the wait was definitely worth it! I hope this helps 😉
  4. Regular Member
    Yes, that is when it is the worst for me! The night time and when i am alone. Or even on the weekends. I hate it and its such a drastic change. I miss him so much Did it ever get easier for you? And thank you
  5. Regular Member
    Sad to say, it never got easier for me😩 The happiest I had gotten during that time was the week of his graduation. If he left in the 13th, he should be in his 6 week of training now, right? If so, you're almost there! 😊
  6. Regular Member
    Hi! Welcome! Being away from your SO always sucks. It really doesn't get easier, you just learn how to deal with it. I know it's impossible not to think about him or to not miss him, so just keep yourself busy. Take up a new hobby or take a class on something! Do things that will make you look forward to each day, each week, etc. You'll find that it is so helpful! Also go out with friends and enjoy your life for now. Your boyfriend is going through a lot too and it will help him to know that you're ok and he doesn't have to worry. Just my advice! You can always message me and talk if you need someone to vent to!
  7. Regular Member
    thank you girls!
  8. Regular Member
    4 more weeks left!
  9. Regular Member
    Honestly I was upset all the time haha. Even thought I kept busy, there were so many times I just wanted to call him and talk to him but you can't! I was upset off and on a lot until graduation. I had great days where I could go without being too upset though. It's a give and take, it won't get "easier" until it's over! But having a countdown in some way really helped. I messaged his mom and sister pictures of numbers as each day went down lol. Every morning at 5:30 am they got the countdown picture I found from google images. Silly things to keep you going!
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beccasarah View Post
    Honestly I was upset all the time haha. Even thought I kept busy, there were so many times I just wanted to call him and talk to him but you can't! I was upset off and on a lot until graduation. I had great days where I could go without being too upset though. It's a give and take, it won't get "easier" until it's over! But having a countdown in some way really helped. I messaged his mom and sister pictures of numbers as each day went down lol. Every morning at 5:30 am they got the countdown picture I found from google images. Silly things to keep you going!
    aww yeah! it definitely never got easier.. for me atleast. lol. I try not to let it consume me but I feel like i have let it consume me sometimes but i just stop myself. I also worry about the what ifs? such as deployments and such and it has not been a smooth ride for me. But i do have a countdown on my phone and it kind of helps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast