Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New and NERVOUS!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Currently in Alabama, but not for too much longer!

Hello New and NERVOUS!

Advertisements
    Hello!

My name is Carley and I am from Alabama. I am married with one daughter that is 14 months old. My husband and I have been together since 2008 and married since 2014. He is 27 and I am 26. He has finally made the decision, after much thinking and discussing, to join the Army. I am very proud of him and fully supportive of this decision, but I can't say I am not nervous. He has taken his test and did very well. He is going to MEPS next week and will most likely be leaving for Basic Training by the end of this month. We have never been away from each other for a long period like this and I just hope he does well and is happy with his decision. I am nervous with everything going on in the world today, but I know it can greatly benefit our family. He says he is fully committed to his decision and is very confident in his decision. My MIL is not supportive AT ALL. She has been telling us awful things about the military to try and change his mind. She constantly reminds me that we will be miserable. I am pretty sure she is just upset that we will be moving and she won't be able to keep some control over us at all times, because she is the controlling type and it drives me nuts! Anyways... I am excited, nervous, anxious, and ready for his Basic Training to just be over with. I would really appreciate any advice, tips, insight or support with this big change coming our way.
  2. Senior Member
    Welcome! My SO is halfway through Army BCT right now. I cant offer much advice since I am still new here too, but I can tell you that keeping yourself busy while he is away is the best thing... and writing him daily helps me. Once he gets accepted and has a ship date for Basic (BCT) there are tons of ladies on here who can help you with the process and what to expect.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hello 😊 I'm new to this as well my fiancé just swore in the other day at MEPS he's in Navy . Girl I'm sure you have a lot of questions to ask as do I . The forms here are helpful as well as if you have questions searching around should get you some answers . You're not alone in this just keep positive 😉
  4. Regular Member
    Welcome!!!
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

to MSOS. Please take a moment to read over our Everything A Newbie Needs To Know!!!thread. This is a very important sticky that will answer many of our most common newbie questions. It also has some VERY important information that every member of this site needs to read and know.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Regular Member
    Welcome! I know it's extremely nerve-wracking, but if it's something they really want to do, all we can do is support them right? It's an adjustment for sure but it's nothing you guys won't be able to handle. Sending good vibes your way!
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thank you everyone! We actually just found out he will be leaving on May 8th. The MOS he really wanted was open this morning so... here we go! We have been talking with a recruiter and waiting on this for over a month so it is all getting real to me now. I am at work right now and he literally just text me the info about his MOS and AIT with his leave date. I can't even focus at work right now. I just have so many thoughts!
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I am new here too! My DF left for BCT at the end of march but was stuck in reception for about 2 weeks so we are just getting started. It hit me really hard the first week and I cried a lot. I dont know much, but I think that was good. It was good to let it out and be sad. I feel better now after getting his call with his information so I can send letters
    If you know where he will be stationed you can look up the website for more information. Im not positive but I think a lot of the bases have websites with information about his BCT. I also got lucky enough to find the FB page of my DFs battery!(after I already had his information) They post pictures often. Now, this can vary on his battery and where he is and stuff. I found it helpful to look for info about where he is and what he is doing.
    OH and you wont know exactly where he will be until he gets there! But you should know the base
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thank you! That is good to know. Yes, he knows what base he will be at for BCT but I cannot remember the name right now. I broke down in front of him last night and cried, but I tried to stop quickly. He started tearing up too so we tried to be quick and then we both started laughing. I know that sounds crazy but thats just how we are. It was funny because I was just in the middle of talking and just burst into tears. I had been holding it in for so long though. I am sure it won't be my last break down either. I am probably going to have to take the day off work when he leaves for BCT because I will probably be a mess all day.
  10. Regular Member
    Welcome My bf is currently in basic right now so I can't say much but I won't lie to you though.. no one is actually prepared when your SO goes to basic. But i do hear that after basic.. it gets easier. Just try to keep busy as much as you can and write to him daily and esp. when your upset. Make sure you have a good support system that is positive! I'm almost done though, i will get to see my bf this month. Its been a long 2 months lol but its definitely doable. The things you do for love right?! lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast