Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sleep Help!

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    Lv. Percent
    32.94%

Sleep Help!

Advertisements
    My little man will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. How in the world itís already been 8 weeks is crazy to me but I have some questions cause Iím LOSING my mind.

DS refuses to nap during the day. He sleeps okay at night, sometimes heís up every 2-3 hours and once in a unicorn moon I get him to sleep 4 hours straight. But during the day he just will not sleep... Unless Iím holding him. Which makes my life hard because I am working from home now and it feels like I canít get diddly squat done. He will nap maybe 30 mins max and then heís up and fussy. I swaddle him, rock him, put him in his swing/bassinet, heís dry and fed but still. No naps

The worst part is you can tell heís so tired. Yawning and rubbing his eyes and it makes him grumpy which makes Mama grumpy because most of the week Iím by myself with him. If he could just get at least one good two hour nap I know heíd be better but he just will not sleep.

Is this just a phase or does anyone have any tips? Itís making me crazy I feel like my whole day is hold baby, feed baby, change baby, get him to sleep, put him down or try and put him down 15-30 mins goes by and he is awake screaming, wash rinse and repeat.

2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    47.76%
    How far in between are you keeping him wake? At that age I did about an hour of wake time between naps, maybe 90 minutes depending on baby. So when baby first got up in the morning we would feed, change, 'play', then straight back to sleep. Is it possible he's over tired? I stuck to a pretty strict schedule of how often they slept which I think helped. I mean, I couldn't help when they woke up, but I counted from that time to when I put them back down.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    Lv. Percent
    32.94%

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    How far in between are you keeping him wake? At that age I did about an hour of wake time between naps, maybe 90 minutes depending on baby. So when baby first got up in the morning we would feed, change, 'play', then straight back to sleep. Is it possible he's over tired? I stuck to a pretty strict schedule of how often they slept which I think helped. I mean, I couldn't help when they woke up, but I counted from that time to when I put them back down.
    I usually can get him back to sleep within an hour to hour and a half max! It’s just when I try to put him down he’s right back up so I feel like he’s really over tired. He usually wakes up between 5-6 in the morning and it’s feed change and then back to sleep and he will sleep usually 2 hours but once it’s 9-10 am he is just up and doesn’t get a good sleep in until almost 8-9 pm.

4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    21.56%
    If he sleeps best when you're holding him, maybe you should try a wrap. Being close to you might help him sleep, but that way your hands are free and you can still get things done
  5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    60.26%
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    If he sleeps best when you're holding him, maybe you should try a wrap. Being close to you might help him sleep, but that way your hands are free and you can still get things done
    this!
    I use an ergo, I have the infant insert as well.
    My sister swore by the sling, but I couldn't get comfortable with it.
  6. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    96.18%
    This sounds familiar. Child One was one of these delightfully full on children too. He wouldn’t sleep unless he was held. He wouldn’t even chill unless he was held - if I wasn’t holding him, he’d just lie there and howl until I came back out of the bathroom to get him. If he could have gone back in, I think he would have!

Getting a sling saved my sanity. He wanted to be close to me, where he could smell me (little babies have much better senses of smell than of sight) and hear the heartbeat he’d listened to for months...if I had him in a sling, he got what he wanted, and I got my hands back.

If you CAN’T do that, a white noise machine or something similar might soothe him?
    Accensum qui pedicat urit mentulam.
  7. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    96.78%
    I would use muslin wrap to help my son sleep....my daughter sometimes the only way she would sleep would be in the ergo which I always said I wouldn't be one of those moms but turned out to be the best thing also. My kids also slept in a rock n play for a while with rocking motion on.
  8. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    Lv. Percent
    32.94%

I have a Moby wrap that I couldn’t figure out I need to try and play with it more or look into a sling!
    Thanks he actually took an hour nap this afternoon so at least that was better than 30 mins!