Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiples?

1. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%

Multiples?

Advertisements
    Does anyone else here have more than one baby to wrangle?

I had twins a month ago. Husband has been magnificent (he's utterly besotted with them, it's quite sweet; I swear to God he would breastfeed them himself if he had the right parts...and honestly, I'd be in the corner by myself crying uncontrollably if it were just me doing this alone again!) but his command has officially run out of warm and fuzzy feelings/shits to give, so he's out of paternity leave time and back to work. The transition to not having my own personal manservant seeing to my every whim has been a fairly steep one, all the more so as they've just told him they desperately need him to sit in a paddock for a while and pretend he's doing something important.

Between these two, and my older kids, I have more children than hands. It's a little overwhelming.

Anyone else?
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    69.12%
    I have 7 month old twins and two older kids. My husband is on TDY a lot and works long hours and he's on swings right now so I find myself doing most of the work most of the time. I wish I could offer advice but I'm still figuring it out myself.
  3. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%
    Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    I have 7 month old twins and two older kids. My husband is on TDY a lot and works long hours and he's on swings right now so I find myself doing most of the work most of the time. I wish I could offer advice but I'm still figuring it out myself.
    Do yours have a feedback loop going on?

If I can keep one of them more or less happy, the other one will chill until something goes obviously wrong...but as soon as one cries, the other one starts, and it's BEDLAM. I swear they're taking their cues from each other!
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    69.12%
    Hahaha no they don't but they do seem to plot against me if when I put them to play together.
  5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    10%
    My twins are now almost 17 years old... BUT I will tell you the best advice I received from a multiples group I joined was to put the babies on the same schedule. I did this from day one... one got up, fed and changed her and work the next one. Once they were "synced" it did help. By two also developed their own language and as a result had to endure some speech therapy during their preschool and kindergarten years.

I too felt mine were plotting and planning against me, but trust me, you'll look back on these moments and laugh! Just try and keep a sense of humor because you'll need it!

I wouldn't recommend putting their cribs too close to one another as toddlers - Mine learned it was fun to take their diapers off during nap time and do some painting on each other... talk about yuck!!!! But again, today I can look back on those moments and laugh!!!

Good luck!
  6. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%
    A recent doctor's appointment, in brief script form...

Girltwin, in the doctor's hands and having just discovered the existence of needles: THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME
    Boytwin, with me, waiting his turn: Mama, I don't think I like that noise...

Now both are crying, and Boytwin hasn't even had the doctor touch him yet. This is all just because he doesn't like the noise of someone ELSE crying. I calm him, the doctor finishes her exam and we swap them over. Girltwin is inconsolable, but I start trying to calm her down with the usual songs about elephants. We have a whole rotation of elephant songs, because of course we do. Two of them are completely unrelated (one is in Spanish, one is in English, and the tunes are completely different so they CAN'T be from the same root) but somehow tell almost exactly the same story, which blows my mind a little!

I've ALMOST got her calm...

Boytwin, having ALSO discovered needles:
    OUCH! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?!
    Girltwin:

The feedback loop strikes again. Damn it.
  7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Lv. Percent
    10.39%

I had my twins when my older two were barely 2 and 3. It was an adventure for sure. The first four months were REALLY HARD, even with full term healthy babies that needed no extra medical assistance. The first six months were hard but manageable. The first nine were kinda hard still but we got into a good routine. After the first year I finally felt back to normal... well as normal as I was gonna ever get after having four kids in three years. I tried the same schedule thing and had that worked it would have been amazing but... NOPE. They are two VERY distinct, different little people and their natural schedules definitely reflect that. My son had severe reflux as an infant and that just made it impossible, but luckily my daughter was laid back and super easy as a baby. I also had PPD which really affected my experience heavily.

Now though... now they are awesome. They will be three in May and are such a whirlwind of joy and hilarity.

8. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    44.19%
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinderella View Post
    I had my twins when my older two were barely 2 and 3. It was an adventure for sure. The first four months were REALLY HARD, even with full term healthy babies that needed no extra medical assistance. The first six months were hard but manageable. The first nine were kinda hard still but we got into a good routine. After the first year I finally felt back to normal... well as normal as I was gonna ever get after having four kids in three years. I tried the same schedule thing and had that worked it would have been amazing but... NOPE. They are two VERY distinct, different little people and their natural schedules definitely reflect that. My son had severe reflux as an infant and that just made it impossible, but luckily my daughter was laid back and super easy as a baby. I also had PPD which really affected my experience heavily.

Now though... now they are awesome. They will be three in May and are such a whirlwind of joy and hilarity.
    How is it possible that the little nuggets in your photo will be THREE soon??
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    77%
    Aww cute babies!!
  10. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    77%
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinderella View Post

<3<3<3<3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast