Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matthew update

1. Senior Member

Matthew update

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,

I don't remember what I put on his birth thread here, but Matthew has been diagnosed with Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) aka he has a hole in his heart. We had a good follow up with the pediatric cardiologist this week and they'll continue to monitor it. We went to the pediatrician this week for a spot on his neck that was enlarged and the doc ordered a sonogram and after looking at the results, she's referred us to a surgeon to be looked into further and he may need a CT scan. Luckily, it doesn't bother him any so it's not like he's in a lot of pain with it, or at least I hope.

Please keep our little guy in your prayers. I'm trying to remain calm and not worry until there's something TO worry about, but he's my little guy and I don't want anything to be wrong with my baby.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I don't remember what I put on his birth thread here, but Matthew has been diagnosed with Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) aka he has a hole in his heart. We had a good follow up with the pediatric cardiologist this week and they'll continue to monitor it. We went to the pediatrician this week for a spot on his neck that was enlarged and the doc ordered a sonogram and after looking at the results, she's referred us to a surgeon to be looked into further and he may need a CT scan. Luckily, it doesn't bother him any so it's not like he's in a lot of pain with it, or at least I hope.

Please keep our little guy in your prayers. I'm trying to remain calm and not worry until there's something TO worry about, but he's my little guy and I don't want anything to be wrong with my baby.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. My best friend's daughter also had a VSD and luckily it closed on it's own in less than a year. I hope you have the same prognosis! I'll be thinking about you guys.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Rylee had an ASD, which is a hole in the top part. Hers wasn't caught till she was 5 years old but was repaired in October two months after finding it. Feel free to connect with me. If you are interested I can connect you to heart groups etc.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

my brother and I were both born with VSD and mine fully closed up on it's own and it know takes a very skilled cardiologist to hear the murmur. My brother still has a small hole but has never had a problem from it. I hope Matthew will be just fine
  5. Senior Member
    Sending lots of well wishes your way. I'm so sorry
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

7. Senior Member

My brother had a VSD when he was born, and it closed up on it's own within the first year! Hopefully that happens with Matthew. Hugs and Prayers, mama!
  8. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Thinking of and praying for you guys and little Matthew.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  9. Senior Member
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  10. Senior Member
    Will definitely be thinking of you guys! I had no idea he was having any complications. I was born with a hole in my heart and had open heart surgery to patch it when I was an infant. I have no clue if it was a VSD or something different..but regardless I hope the doctors continue to give you good news about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast