Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well this sucks

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Well this sucks

Advertisements
    It turns out I have PPA (postpartum anxiety), which I didn't even know was a thing. Ever since Olivia was born I've had severe anxiety with her. I'm constantly thinking something is wrong woth her. Anytime someone holds her I have a panic attack inside because I think they aren't doing it right or that she's going to get sick. I had someone watch her while I ran to work and I came back to her crying so I automatically assume she wasn't taken care of.... I don't even trust my husband to watch her while I'm away... I hate driving with her because I can't see her well.. I'm just an anxious mess! I didn't think anything of it since I am so over the moon happy with life. I decided to call the doctor to ask about it and he put me on Lexapro.

I feel like a crap mom because I'm taking medicine now. I want to be able to leave the room to go pee and not think that my daughter stopped breathing or something.

I just had to get that off of my chest
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You did the right thing by calling your doctor! I hope you start to feel some relief of your anxiety soon!
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    You're definitely not a crap mom! You're actually a badass - you recognized that something unusual was going on and asked for help! That's awesome and brave
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Moderator

You're an awesome mama!

PPA is such a horrible feeling. I had it with my son and never sought help. I felt helpless and anxious always. It wasn't until I had my daughter, four years later, that I got help when it returned. You are so brave for talking to your doctor!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

you're a good mom for realizing something wasn't right and taking the medication needed to make it better!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I thought all mom's did that! That sounds normal.
    And your not a failure. Ugh
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Senior Member
    You're not in anyway a crap mom. You felt something was off and called your doctor, that's being an excellent mother.
  8. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    You are doing the right thing. No shame in medication. I was on zoloft for PPD. Plus with everything you went through to get pregnant, it makes sense that you would be paranoid.
    One suggestion about the car ride is putting a mirror that you can look at through the rear view mirror.
  9. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Lots of I'm glad you realized something was wrong and got help.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    There is nothing wrong with being on medicine, you are not a crap mom. I have always suffered from anxiety and was on Lexapro years back. I went off of my meds once everything was under control. When I became pregnant my ob put me on Zoloft because I was so anxious during my pregnancy. they also wanted to try to prevent PPD by getting everything under control . So I understand what its like being anxious and on medicine. My son is now 14 months and I recently stopped my anxiety meds. They might only be for a season so don't be hard on yourself. Even if its not there is nothing wrong with taking meds. You are a wonderful mom who is taking care of herself so you can take care of your daughter.

camandcmh, 867-5309, and chicalelo are my sister wives
    Skatie
    is my husker twin GO BIG RED!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast