Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Mamas

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Zombie Mamas

Advertisements
    As per Ambzie's request I made a thread especially for those of us who just had babies (bonus points if you don't get any sleep like me). I guess this could be a continuation of our preggo thread since so many of us have recently given birth or are about to!!

So tell me.. How are you feeling?! Any new challenges?

My challenge? Cluster feeding allllll nightttt longgggggg! I think I since we've been home on Monday I've averaged about 4-5 hours of sleep I am seriously a zombie. It's not like I cant feed her though because she is only 5lbs.3oz and she needs to gain weight.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My dark circles are getting so real, and I'm not even the one up with her most of the night! I've had this intense back pain that primarily happens when I lay down the last several days. So I've been sleeping sitting up on the couch and DH gets up with Harrie. I help with feedings and what not, but he brings her to me.

Harrie has been really fussy the last few days. She seems to get constipated and cranky because she's constipated. But what do we know? Literally anyone's guess is as good as mine

.... I love that we all have each other going through the same stuff at the same time!
  3. Regular Member
    Had our youngest on July 7th. It has been an adjustment. We have a 4.5 year old daughter as well who has been SOOO bad since then. My husband just went back to work & I start back up on the 15th (I work from home thankfully) Our youngest has reflux so she has been miserable.
  4. Senior Member
    Hey ladies! I had Amelia Monday evening and we came home on Tuesday! Things are good so far, she's a much better sleeper than my 2 year old DS was (knock on wood ).

I need to post a birth thread!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Hey ladies! I had Amelia Monday evening and we came home on Tuesday! Things are good so far, she's a much better sleeper than my 2 year old DS was (knock on wood ).

I need to post a birth thread!
    Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures
  6. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Hi ladies! I feel ya on the dark circles. I've always had them, but now they are worse!

Anyone else's newest additions leave them a nice big surprise last night? We've bought a second cover for the Rock 'N Play because I had no where to put her after she pooped all over it one night.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Thank god for good concealer huh?!

So call me crazy but I've decided to go back to work part time on the 16th it's only 3-4 hours per day so I think I'll be good. Is it sad that I am only doing it because I don't trust anyone enough to train my leaders and I'm petrified whoever takes over won't use the same methods for behavioral issues in my students...can you say control freak?

I'm skipping out on my maternity leave pay and going against DHs and my doctors recommendations of staying home until at least October.... I just figure working a handful of hours isn't going to hurt and DH is home by the time I leave at 2:00 anyways...am I crazy?

Ps Olive Is already one week old today
  8. Senior Member
    I plan on going back to work, but we need the extra income for when we go back to the states.

DH was able to fix his schedule where we wont have to hire a babysitter, so we're going to be slightly opposite shifts rotating taking care of R.

I seriously should make an introduction thread for him...its been over 2 months. He's adorable as fuck, he's started smiling over a week ago.

I'm personally sleeping better, my supply is all over the place on being engorged in one breast (and able to fill greatly over 5 oz) to I have to feed R from both breasts so he can get his ounces.
    Last edited by TriggerHappy; 08-06-2016 at 04:48 PM.
  9. Ambitiously Blonde
    Ambitiously Blonde
    Congrats on Amelia!

Yes, I'm a proud member of the zombie mama club. The problem here isn't Livvy, it's my own pain. I swear, my uterus and incision site is so freakin' sore. I can't get comfortable. It's been over a week, what the hell is going on?

In other news, I'm struggling with pumping. For some reason, at max I can only seem to pump 1-2oz at a time and I know that's not enough for her. She doesn't want to latch directly onto the breast anymore since I started supplementing :cry and I think it's my fault. I'm supposed to meet with a lactation consultant. I just want to provide for her and I feel like I'm letting her down. DH keeps telling me not to worry, as long as she is fed, she's fine.

As far as returning to work, if our cards are played right I won't have to return until January and I'm really praying that is the case because leaving her terrifies me. I don't trust anyone and DH works from home so he could watch her, but it'd be difficult on him to juggle a full time job and be a full time stay at home dad.

Decisions.

Oh, and we're trying to buy a house and we're getting one road block after another and we're to the point we want to say FORGET IT!! Yayyy stress.

When the heck is it margarita time again?

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambzie View Post
    Congrats on Amelia!

Yes, I'm a proud member of the zombie mama club. The problem here isn't Livvy, it's my own pain. I swear, my uterus and incision site is so freakin' sore. I can't get comfortable. It's been over a week, what the hell is going on?

In other news, I'm struggling with pumping. For some reason, at max I can only seem to pump 1-2oz at a time and I know that's not enough for her. She doesn't want to latch directly onto the breast anymore since I started supplementing :cry and I think it's my fault. I'm supposed to meet with a lactation consultant. I just want to provide for her and I feel like I'm letting her down. DH keeps telling me not to worry, as long as she is fed, she's fine.

As far as returning to work, if our cards are played right I won't have to return until January and I'm really praying that is the case because leaving her terrifies me. I don't trust anyone and DH works from home so he could watch her, but it'd be difficult on him to juggle a full time job and be a full time stay at home dad.

Decisions.

Oh, and we're trying to buy a house and we're getting one road block after another and we're to the point we want to say FORGET IT!! Yayyy stress.

When the heck is it margarita time again?
    I've had a hell of a time with csection recovery pain too, you're not alone! I wasn't anticipating a csection and then I reeeeeally didn't anticipate how difficult the recovery would be. Sorry there's so much stress right now! Your husband is right, fed is fed. That's all that matters.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast