Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie Mamas

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    I think my hormones have really gone wonky. DH returned to work this week so it's just been me and Harriet during the day. Yesterday and today I've been crying when she cries because I feel so bad that she's crying. Since the day she was born she's been a big time crier... it's 0 to 60 - perfectly happy to dying. It wears ya thin when you don't have a second set of hands so you can get a break.

Today I've given in to 100% snuggling all day. We are both still in pajamas. I haven't gone for a walk to get a little exercise. In fact, I've barely left the couch. Today, I feel like a mommy failure. And I just needed to vent somewhere.
  2. Ambitiously Blonde
    Ambitiously Blonde
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post
    I think my hormones have really gone wonky. DH returned to work this week so it's just been me and Harriet during the day. Yesterday and today I've been crying when she cries because I feel so bad that she's crying. Since the day she was born she's been a big time crier... it's 0 to 60 - perfectly happy to dying. It wears ya thin when you don't have a second set of hands so you can get a break.

Today I've given in to 100% snuggling all day. We are both still in pajamas. I haven't gone for a walk to get a little exercise. In fact, I've barely left the couch. Today, I feel like a mommy failure. And I just needed to vent somewhere.
    Not a mommy failure at ALL. I cry when LK cries sometimes too. I also am sitting on the couch, where I have been since we got out of bed at 830 this morning. I don't even have pants on...just a night gown and LK is just in a footed onesie. No shame in our game.

Relax, mama. Babies are stressful and I'm brand new at this so I'm not sure what I'm doing and if I'm doing it right or wrong...but we're making it each day and that's all that matters.

for you and Harrie.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post

You are not a failure at all.
    Tell you the truth, when R is properly fed and changed but he still cries, I just let him be. Of course it sucks, and I feel absolutely terrible that I'm giving my 110% but nothing is working/he still cries.

Letting him cry it out was the best thing I possibly could have done for him.
    I continued my routine of feeding him and changing him, and by the time DH gets off work and is heading home R is back to being the happiest baby who wants all the attention and gives you the widest smiles possibles.

It's okay to not have left the couch, there were a few times I didnt leave the bed except for food or bathroom (R sleeps next to me in his play crib bassinet thingy). When I have those days I decide to make it strictly a nursing day to maintain or increase my supply.

Adapting to fulfilling a little human's needs are tough, especially when they only have 1 way of communicating: to cry.
    Just know that you are already doing a fantastic job.
  4. Ambitiously Blonde
    Ambitiously Blonde
    I had a small victory tonight.

LK was fussy and crying and I'd just fed her about an hour prior and she kept nudging/rooting as if she were still hungry so I decided to try AGAIN to get her to latch and to breastfeed. Well, she DID IT!!! She latched on after a few seconds of gentle coaxing and deep breaths for patience and hope that she'd take it. She fed for about 15 minutes and then unlatched and went right to sleep. I'm praying that we can work on her eating straight from the breast more often to avoid pumping so much (cause holy sore nipples batman!! that electric pump has NO MERCY!) and so I hope that tonight with this small victory, we can keep working at it!

5. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Way to go LK! Pumping got easier for me once the nips got used to it, but it's not for everyone. What type of pump are you using? A lot of people I know like the Spectra S2 better because it's kinder on the boobs.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I cried today for the first time she's been nursing every hour for two days and it's got me exhausted! I feel like a bad mama for crying ☹️ I even somewhat took it out on my husband who has been so busy at work due to him being with the chief selects.

I tried to go to work on Tuesday but I decided it was way too early... I mean who goes back to work two weeks after having a baby?

This mom thing is hard...so worth it but so hard
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambzie View Post
    I had a small victory tonight.

LK was fussy and crying and I'd just fed her about an hour prior and she kept nudging/rooting as if she were still hungry so I decided to try AGAIN to get her to latch and to breastfeed. Well, she DID IT!!! She latched on after a few seconds of gentle coaxing and deep breaths for patience and hope that she'd take it. She fed for about 15 minutes and then unlatched and went right to sleep. I'm praying that we can work on her eating straight from the breast more often to avoid pumping so much (cause holy sore nipples batman!! that electric pump has NO MERCY!) and so I hope that tonight with this small victory, we can keep working at it!
    How is she doing now? Still latching?? My good friend had to pump for the first 2 months or so until her son would finally latch with a shield. She successfully breastfed until 13 months!

Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    Way to go LK! Pumping got easier for me once the nips got used to it, but it's not for everyone. What type of pump are you using? A lot of people I know like the Spectra S2 better because it's kinder on the boobs.
    I've heard the same thing about Spectra S2 as well. I still haven't filled my script yet for my breast pump, but that's the one I plan to get. I already have the Medela Pump in style from my son so I thought I'd get something else this time.

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanerr View Post
    I cried today for the first time she's been nursing every hour for two days and it's got me exhausted! I feel like a bad mama for crying ☹️ I even somewhat took it out on my husband who has been so busy at work due to him being with the chief selects.

I tried to go to work on Tuesday but I decided it was way too early... I mean who goes back to work two weeks after having a baby?

This mom thing is hard...so worth it but so hard
    NO ONE! I'm glad you decided to give yourself a break, girl. I'm 2 weeks postpartum and can't imagine going back to work right now. My lady bits aren't even healed yet!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. Senior Member
    So how are you ladies all doing??

Amelia's doing great, bfing like a champ thank goodness. I guess she kind of has to, though. None of that sitting and staring into her eyes lovingly while she eats when you have a two year old trying to stick his sucker into her hair to 'give her a taste' half of the day.

I almost had a meltdown last week because our newborn photographer cancelled the DAY BEFORE the pictures. It was honestly an emergency, but I still almost lost it. Luckily she recommended a back up who was wonderful and I'm really excited to get the prints back!

I've decided to completely finish my BSN (I'm already an RN, so just doing an online program with UT-Arlington to finish) before going back to work. I'm pretty set on school nursing and plan to wait until the next school year to go back. DS will be almost 4 and DD will be 1 so I'll feel much more comfortable about going back full time!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Senior Member
    Got my interview on the 25th, ugh cant wait to be earning an income and to socialize with other adults. My coworkers are chill as fuck, plus this makes my husband help out with the baby more as he'll be home with the baby in the hours I work.

R has started smiling when I tickle him! He also smiles if you touch his lips with your finger in a smoothing motion. Tummy time is still a working progress, he cant quite hold himself up yet (hold his head fine, hoist himself up by his hands is a working progress).
    I think my kid has dimples, not quite sure yet but when he smiles it looks like he has them.

Milk supply is still an ongoing rollercoaster. 'Nuff said.
  10. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    I love baby smiles. My favorite is the milk drunk smile. My tiny human is currently 3 months and teething. Which makes nights SUUUUUCCCCKKKK. She's fussy pretty much from 7pm to 4am. Milk supply has pretty much regulated, although I keep getting off my schedule which causes a wonky supply.

She had an EPIC blowout at daycare which has caused her outfit to still be soaking trying to get the stain out. Normally I'd just toss it, but it was a super cute one

Here's a milk drunk photo cause she's so darn cute!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast