Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: He's Here!

1. Senior Member

He's Here!

Advertisements
    Baby Noodle was born on April 19 at 35w3d (the day before my birthday!!) at 11:47AM weighing 7lb 8oz.

The last few appts, I had borderline high blood pressure and they told me to keep an eye on it. My last appt was April 14 (Thursday) and they had scheduled a 24 hour Urine Analysis just as a precaution since my BP has been creeping up.

On April 16, I went to bed around 7 PM with a pounding headache. I was up every 45 minutes with the headache, pacing the house. It was becoming worse, and by 1AM it felt like my ears were being ripped off my head. I woke up DH and told him we needed to go to the ER because I thought I had a double ear infection or something like that and the pain was unbearable. We decided to go to the small ER that I work at since it would be quicker than going to the big ER at the main hospital, and on the way there my vision started getting a little fuzzy. When we got there they took my right back and checked my BP. It was 185/103. The immediately took me straight back to a room, and the DR came in and stated she was going to call the on-call OB, but they were going to go ahead and start me on magnesium and give me a dose of hydralazine and went ahead and cathed me so I didn't have to walk anymore. They checked the baby and HR was fine.

When she came back from calling the on-call she told me they were going to transport me to the main hospital where the on-call was located at labor and delivery. We waited about an hour for transport to get there. They checked my BP one last time, and it was 200/105, they gave me another dose of Hydralazine and off we went.

I got to the main hospital around 5AM on the 17th and went straight up to L&D where on-call came in and stated that they were going to have to induce me. I'll skip all of the details of the induction but it was a very long process. He finally made his way on the 19th after 3 hours of pushing. He was healthy as can be and has a full hair of head. They said with how big he was at 35 weeks, that he would have been HUGE by 40 weeks.

My computer isn't letting my upload pictures!! I'm having issues with image websites for some reason. My computer is blocking them all. UGH!
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'm sure he's cute as a button!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Congrats! Whats with msos babies causing us high bp lately? I had the same issue but went into labor naturally.
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Congrats!!!!
  5. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    He wanted to make a grand entrance lol. I cant wait to see pictures!
  6. Senior Member
    Congrats! I'm sure he's a handsome little fella!
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Congratulations! I had mine 2 months ago tomorrow. I had BP also only I didn't get that way til the last little bit of me being induce before he was born. My induction was not the greatest at all. But so happy for you I bet he's a cutie.