Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Facing until 2

1. Senior Member

Rear Facing until 2

Advertisements
    California was added to the list of rear-facing until 2 law-mandated states!

That brings the list to California, Oklahoma and New Jersey. Hopefully more will be added soon.

California tightens law on rear-facing car seats for tots - SFGate
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Senior Member
    I really hope more states get added to the list! I seriously cringe when people turn their kids around too early. Sometimes I see people switch them before theyre a year old!

Off topic a little but the other big issue is the chest clips!! Why is it so hard to figure out that the chest clip goes on the CHEST!!!?!!?
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. Senior Member
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I'm pretty stoked!
  5. Senior Member
    I'm all for what is safest!

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    I really hope more states get added to the list! I seriously cringe when people turn their kids around too early. Sometimes I see people switch them before theyre a year old!

Off topic a little but the other big issue is the chest clips!! Why is it so hard to figure out that the chest clip goes on the CHEST!!!?!!?
    I think it's a common mistake. Honestly, I did it at first before I read up on it. I thought it was supposed to be slid all the way down...not sure where my rationale for that was...but it was an honest mistake.

I went to MommyCon in DC this year and sat in on a talk Jamie, Baby Guy NYC did about car seat safety and he had the best quote..."ahhh the chest clip...aka, the reason why moms no longer post car seat pics on social media."
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post

I think it's a common mistake. Honestly, I did it at first before I read up on it. I thought it was supposed to be slid all the way down...not sure where my rationale for that was...but it was an honest mistake.

I went to MommyCon in DC this year and sat in on a talk Jamie, Baby Guy NYC did about car seat safety and he had the best quote..."ahhh the chest clip...aka, the reason why moms no longer post car seat pics on social media."
    That is so true! I don't correct people, I've never seen that go well. I do occasionally (like once every six months if that) post a car seat safety article or a picture of correct wear. NEVER if someone I know posted a 'wrong' picture, though.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    That is so true! I don't correct people, I've never seen that go well. I do occasionally (like once every six months if that) post a car seat safety article or a picture of correct wear. NEVER if someone I know posted a 'wrong' picture, though.
    Def an honest mistake, just scary it can cost your childs life. Im so big on having parents go to the police station or fire deparment for a free car seat inspection. They install it and show you exactly how to do it. I have to share this pic. With you guys because like you I keep quiet and just add pics like the one I did above once in awhile. But this one I had to say something!!

The scary images going through my head with this one were unbearable!
    Last edited by twistertwin; 09-23-2015 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Edited to remove image of minor
  8. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Def an honest mistake, just scary it can cost your childs life. Im so big on having parents go to the police station or fire deparment for a free car seat inspection. They install it and show you exactly how to do it. I have to share this pic. With you guys because like you I keep quiet and just add pics like the one I did above once in awhile. But this one I had to say something!!

*removed picture*

Duuude. Who the hell are you to post someone's picture with their kid in it on a forum full of strangers to be ridiculed? That's so fucked up.
    Last edited by germy; 09-23-2015 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Removed irish's picture

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  9. Senior Member

EEK, don't send them to the fire station or police department! Tell them to find a certified car seat technician. Many, many police stations and fire departments do not keep them on hand but they will still 'install' for you which is no safer or smarter than you doing it yourself.

Also, a CST won't install for you, they will show you how to do it yourself. This helps in the future when you take the seat out for cleaning or whatever.
    Last edited by twistertwin; 09-23-2015 at 10:43 AM. Reason: edited to remove image of minor

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Duuude. Who the hell are you to post someone's picture with their kid in it on a forum full of strangers to be ridiculed? That's so fucked up.
    ...this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast