Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Rear Facing until 2

  1. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #1

    Rear Facing until 2

    Advertisements
    California was added to the list of rear-facing until 2 law-mandated states!

    That brings the list to California, Oklahoma and New Jersey. Hopefully more will be added soon.

    California tightens law on rear-facing car seats for tots - SFGate
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Senior Member
    irish85's Avatar
    irish85 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,732
    #2
    I really hope more states get added to the list! I seriously cringe when people turn their kids around too early. Sometimes I see people switch them before theyre a year old!

    Off topic a little but the other big issue is the chest clips!! Why is it so hard to figure out that the chest clip goes on the CHEST!!!?!!?
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. Senior Member
    irish85's Avatar
    irish85 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,732
    #3
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #4
    I'm pretty stoked!
  5. Senior Member
    Enthused Meerkat's Avatar
    Enthused Meerkat is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bowie, MD
    Posts
    13,250
    #5
    I'm all for what is safest!

    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    I really hope more states get added to the list! I seriously cringe when people turn their kids around too early. Sometimes I see people switch them before theyre a year old!

    Off topic a little but the other big issue is the chest clips!! Why is it so hard to figure out that the chest clip goes on the CHEST!!!?!!?
    I think it's a common mistake. Honestly, I did it at first before I read up on it. I thought it was supposed to be slid all the way down...not sure where my rationale for that was...but it was an honest mistake.

    I went to MommyCon in DC this year and sat in on a talk Jamie, Baby Guy NYC did about car seat safety and he had the best quote..."ahhh the chest clip...aka, the reason why moms no longer post car seat pics on social media."
  6. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    I'm all for what is safest!



    I think it's a common mistake. Honestly, I did it at first before I read up on it. I thought it was supposed to be slid all the way down...not sure where my rationale for that was...but it was an honest mistake.

    I went to MommyCon in DC this year and sat in on a talk Jamie, Baby Guy NYC did about car seat safety and he had the best quote..."ahhh the chest clip...aka, the reason why moms no longer post car seat pics on social media."
    That is so true! I don't correct people, I've never seen that go well. I do occasionally (like once every six months if that) post a car seat safety article or a picture of correct wear. NEVER if someone I know posted a 'wrong' picture, though.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. Senior Member
    irish85's Avatar
    irish85 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,732
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    I'm all for what is safest!



    I think it's a common mistake. Honestly, I did it at first before I read up on it. I thought it was supposed to be slid all the way down...not sure where my rationale for that was...but it was an honest mistake.

    I went to MommyCon in DC this year and sat in on a talk Jamie, Baby Guy NYC did about car seat safety and he had the best quote..."ahhh the chest clip...aka, the reason why moms no longer post car seat pics on social media."
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    That is so true! I don't correct people, I've never seen that go well. I do occasionally (like once every six months if that) post a car seat safety article or a picture of correct wear. NEVER if someone I know posted a 'wrong' picture, though.
    Def an honest mistake, just scary it can cost your childs life. Im so big on having parents go to the police station or fire deparment for a free car seat inspection. They install it and show you exactly how to do it. I have to share this pic. With you guys because like you I keep quiet and just add pics like the one I did above once in awhile. But this one I had to say something!!



    The scary images going through my head with this one were unbearable!
    Last edited by twistertwin; 09-23-2015 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Edited to remove image of minor
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  8. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,868

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Def an honest mistake, just scary it can cost your childs life. Im so big on having parents go to the police station or fire deparment for a free car seat inspection. They install it and show you exactly how to do it. I have to share this pic. With you guys because like you I keep quiet and just add pics like the one I did above once in awhile. But this one I had to say something!!

    *removed picture*

    The scary images going through my head with this one were unbearable!
    Duuude. Who the hell are you to post someone's picture with their kid in it on a forum full of strangers to be ridiculed? That's so fucked up.
    Last edited by germy; 09-23-2015 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Removed irish's picture

    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  9. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Def an honest mistake, just scary it can cost your childs life. Im so big on having parents go to the police station or fire deparment for a free car seat inspection. They install it and show you exactly how to do it. I have to share this pic. With you guys because like you I keep quiet and just add pics like the one I did above once in awhile. But this one I had to say something!!

    The scary images going through my head with this one were unbearable!
    EEK, don't send them to the fire station or police department! Tell them to find a certified car seat technician. Many, many police stations and fire departments do not keep them on hand but they will still 'install' for you which is no safer or smarter than you doing it yourself.

    Also, a CST won't install for you, they will show you how to do it yourself. This helps in the future when you take the seat out for cleaning or whatever.
    Last edited by twistertwin; 09-23-2015 at 10:43 AM. Reason: edited to remove image of minor
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Account Closed
    KoalaBär's Avatar
    KoalaBär is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    10,193
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Duuude. Who the hell are you to post someone's picture with their kid in it on a forum full of strangers to be ridiculed? That's so fucked up.
    ...this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •