Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curly hair care?

1. Senior Member

Curly hair care?

Advertisements
    Anyone else have a little one with a crap ton of hair? Scarlett's hair is getting long and SO curly. My parents have been urging me to get it cut (at least trimmed in the front) but that will not be happening any time soon...AT ALL. I love her hair...but it's so challenging to style. Shit, I wouldn't mind if it was messy every day...she's cute, messy hair and all...BUT I'd like it to look a little better kept for when we go out. How do you mamas manage your baby's hair?

2. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm not a mama, just a well seasoned nanny of a curly-haired now 10-year-old. Your daughter is precious & her hair only adds to it!!! Use conditioner, buy headbands, don't brush/comb, towel dry, or touch curls until they're dry! It only makes them frizz. The less you manipulate curls the better they look!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    I'm not a mama, just a well seasoned nanny of a curly-haired now 10-year-old. Your daughter is precious & her hair only adds to it!!! Use conditioner, buy headbands, don't brush/comb, towel dry, or touch curls until they're dry! It only makes them frizz. The less you manipulate curls the better they look!
    So don't towel dry? I stopped combing it after her baths and we got conditioner. I kinda try to scrunch the conditioner in...is this good or just let the curls do their own thing?
  4. Senior Member
    I have no advice just wanted to say shes beyond adorable!!!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Curly Kids Mixed Hair Care. It's the only thing we have found so far to work on Kalista's. It really defines her curl better!

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    I have no advice just wanted to say shes beyond adorable!!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Twinderella View Post
    Curly Kids Mixed Hair Care. It's the only thing we have found so far to work on Kalista's. It really defines her curl better!
    I'll have to check it out...thank you! Do you just apply it after bath?
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    So don't towel dry? I stopped combing it after her baths and we got conditioner. I kinda try to scrunch the conditioner in...is this good or just let the curls do their own thing?
    Scrunching is good! Also you could get a super-fine microfiber cloth to use to kind of blot her hair after a bath. Once it gets longer it will probably be easier to style. My hair was always so weird looking when it was shortish as my curls are wide (long? it's more wavy but they do make a full spiral or two once my hair is like, boob length) and then they would curl up into a devil horn shape at the front of my head. TBH her hair looks fine to me in those pics
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    Yeah, no towels. They cause frizz!! Rocket_lizz is right. If you're going to dry it a little I would use a smooth microfiber cloth or (as weird as this sounds) a t-shirt! Scrunching works a little bit better when it's a little longer.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm in a family with strictly straight hair so all I have to contribute here is nooooooooooo don't cut it!!!
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

We brush Ansley's after her bath and then i just tossle it with my hands. In the mornings, i spray dentagler and use a water bottle to brush it, then i style it and once im done, i usually just scrunch it and tossle it and go. We let her hair air dry. A's is more ringlet-y!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast