Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk about eventful

1. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online

Talk about eventful

Advertisements
    We had a crazy week this week and here is my tale.

Monday morning DH had to work a half day and he was running out of things to do since he's all caught up on training and was just trying to kill time. He kept calling asking if I was in labor yet just so he could get out of work But we both knew chances of that were slim. I was barely 38 weeks. While I did go a week early with DD I didn't think it was possible to go 2 weeks early with this kid. After he came home from work and we went to run some last minute errands before we had the baby. We found a little park here that has a merry go round and a train. We took DD on them and she had a blast.

We came home from all our errands and I was experiencing light Braxton Hicks but nothing major or consistent. I took a hot shower and they stopped.... for 2 hours After 2 hours they were no longer light nor inconsistent. They were about every 8-10 minutes for an hour then they went to 3-5 minutes. We called Labor and Delivery They told us to hold off for a bit since they hadn't been 3-5 minutes very long and wanted me to call back 1.5-2 hours later. So I tried to stay home and wait it out a bit longer but I made it another half hour or so. We call the babysitter for DD and luckily she was still willing to watch her that late. Oh I should probably mention it's around 1-1:30 am at this point. We drive to the hospital which luckily is here on base so it wasn't too much of a drive. ALthough it felt a lot longer at the time. We pull into the ER (only entrance open at the time) to go to L&D at 1:45 am. They get me a gown and started the process of admitting me. I kept asking for the doctor so I could get a tad bit of relief. At this point the contractions are practically on top of each other and I was in tears. I kept apologizing to DH and cussing every time I had a contraction. I just felt like I couldn't relax and started to feel oddly claustrophobic. I told the nurse doing the intake I was starting to feel pressure. So she went to get the doctor and the second she left I felt my body bear down and my water broke all over the bed and floor. I've never seen DH run so fast outside to get the nurse. The Resident doctor came in with the ultrasound machine to double check he was not breech. And I told him I was feeling pressure again and he's trying to find the baby's head and can't. I felt my body bear down again and intense pressure in my bottom. I have never felt so much pressure there before. I told them, or rather yelled at them something was wrong. And DH was trying to explain that I had horrible complications after DD was born where I needed surgery to repair the hemorrhoids. And I felt another push and a pop. And DH's face went white. Everything is happening all so fast he didn't even have a chance to make it up by my head to hold my hand he was still standing by the door. And I remember looking at DH and his face scared me. I really thought something was seriously wrong And the doctor and nurses start yelling at me to stop pushing. I reminded them I wasn't in charge of my body at this point. No one was telling me anything I felt so out of control and scared. I felt my body push again and this time they said give it all you got. And next thing I hear is this relief of pressure and the resident doctor saying "Baby is here!"

"What?? The baby is here?? What did you say?" I look at DH and he looks so relieved and he comes up to my head and just keeps saying "Wow! Good job. You did it" They put my baby boy on chest just as the on call doctor walks in. At this point what felt like we had been in that room forever the Nurse informs us that our baby was born at 2:05 am. Yup we had only been at the hospital for 20 minutes. The weird part was after it was all said it done they had to finish the paper work of admitting us I had to sign a couple consent forms as well. Nothing major just about taking pictures of the doctors and stuff. Nothing that really applied to us since it was all said and done and we didn't really have time to take pictures!

But here is. Introducing Camden Ray P weighing in at 6lbs 8oz and 19 inches long Dec 30, 2014

DD meeting DS for the first time

My favorite picture

DD was trying to share her frog with him. And if you know DD you know this is a big deal. No one is allowed to touch her frog!

Here he is first night at home! He did great!! And this picture looks like one of DH's baby pictures. I asked my MIL for some copies so I can compare the two of them better. But so far DS looks just like DH
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    He is beautiful!

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh, he's such a beautiful baby! And jeez louise, what an intense experience! I hope that you don't have the rhoid issues that you did last time-- I know first hand how awful those are and it's seriously my biggest postpartum fear while we're TTC this next kiddo. Congratulations again!!!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

What an "exciting" experience! He's adorable!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    What a great reward for a fast paced story!! He is precious!
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Aw yay! he is beautiful! What a gorgeous family you have.
  7. I'm so much cooler online
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Oh, he's such a beautiful baby! And jeez louise, what an intense experience! I hope that you don't have the rhoid issues that you did last time-- I know first hand how awful those are and it's seriously my biggest postpartum fear while we're TTC this next kiddo. Congratulations again!!!
    So far I haven't had any of the same hemorrhoid issues. And I'm a tad bit more confident this time since I know better what to look out for as before I had no clue what was normal and what wasn't normal.

But if I ever decide to have another one my biggest fear is now making it to the hospital on time
  8. I'm so much cooler online
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    He is beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    What a great reward for a fast paced story!! He is precious!
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Aw yay! he is beautiful! What a gorgeous family you have.
    Thanks! I am quite fond of him myself! It's so funny how different he is from DD already! I really am enjoying getting to know him better
  9. Senior Member
    He's adorable. What an amazing birth story.
  10. Senior Member
    So adorable! What an amazing birth story too.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast