Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First period since baby-- what to expect

1. Senior Member

First period since baby-- what to expect

Advertisements
    So it looks like I'm getting my first period since having DS. Any one have any advice on what to expect or what helped you get thru the transition back to having a regular period after baby?

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  2. Senior Member
    Expect to feel like you're dying the first period I had after I had my son was so painful. I hope it's not that bad for you! Heat on my stomach and back helped a lot.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have pretty awful periods as it is, but after 9 months of pregnancy and an extra 10 months of vacation AF was AWFUL when I got my first pp. Super painful and heavy, I called my mom because I honestly thought something was wrong.

May the odds be in your favor.
  4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post
    I have pretty awful periods as it is, but after 9 months of pregnancy and an extra 10 months of vacation AF was AWFUL when I got my first pp. Super painful and heavy, I called my mom because I honestly thought something was wrong.

What she said. But seriously, I bled a LOT. I didn't breastfeed and you bleed a lot after having the baby and then my first period came right on time like it had never missed a beat. It was awful. I agree with what other posters said. Heating pad and midol got me through it.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Just going to jump in here and agree with the other ladies. Heating pad and midol will be your friends.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

6. Member
    In addition to what the other ladies said, don't expect it to be regular either!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    Expect to feel like you're dying the first period I had after I had my son was so painful. I hope it's not that bad for you! Heat on my stomach and back helped a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post

What she said. But seriously, I bled a LOT. I didn't breastfeed and you bleed a lot after having the baby and then my first period came right on time like it had never missed a beat. It was awful. I agree with what other posters said. Heating pad and midol got me through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTideBaby View Post
    Just going to jump in here and agree with the other ladies. Heating pad and midol will be your friends.
    Thanks ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by kwickham View Post
    In addition to what the other ladies said, don't expect it to be regular either!
    Thanks for this. AF cant seem to make up her mind. I'm all 'I'm getting AF again. Ok. Better prepare." And AF is all like, "Just kidding!"

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy