Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moms, help!

1. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Help Moms, help!

Advertisements
    I don't even know where to start.
    Landon has had feeding issues since day 1 and they've slowly gotten worse. He had trouble latching in the beginning because I have flat nipples. Tried a nipple shield, tried pumping, nothing worked. I was so disappointed breastfeeding wasn't working. I was crying daily and DS was getting frustrated. So, we're now using formula.

I try to feed him every 2-3 hours like the doctors said, but he seems to want to eat every hour on the hour. He's only a month and a half and he's almost drinking 8 oz of formula each feeding! He NEVER seems full. He'll literally drink until he's throwing up everything and once his stomach is empty he'll want more. I don't know what to do anymore I feel like an awful mom because I can't seem to satisfy him. People seem to think he has colic, but he fusses more than cries. It's constant though. If he's not sleeping, he seems to be fussing. Does that sound like colic? Or maybe an allergy to the formula? He has a pediatrician appointment tomorrow for his 2 month shots, so I'll talk to the doctor then, but I wanted some advice from other mommy's. Oh, and if it makes a difference, he was a preemie (born at 35 weeks).

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Moderator

My first thought was a growth spurt, since around sixish weeks is a big one.

But, his fussiness could definitely be colic. He is around the right age for that too. I would discuss it with his ped and see what they say.

Definitely make sure that he is upright when eating and that you are taking a lot of breaks to burp. Have you tried gas drops or bicycling his legs? That can really help too.
  3. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Talk to your pediatrician. Something seems off.
  4. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    My first thought was a growth spurt, since around sixish weeks is a big one.

But, his fussiness could definitely be colic. He is around the right age for that too. I would discuss it with his ped and see what they say.

Definitely make sure that he is upright when eating and that you are taking a lot of breaks to burp. Have you tried gas drops or bicycling his legs? That can really help too.
    I was thinking growth spurt, but it's been like this for several weeks now. I keep his head elevated (he usually lies on the boppy or I'll prop my arm up on a pillow so he's not flat) and I burp him frequently. I've been using gripe water which seems to work a little bit, but it's short lived. I'm going to talk to the ped tomorrow about it and see what he says. Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    Talk to your pediatrician. Something seems off.
    I will, thanks Sally. My MIL was in town last week and she said the same thing.
  5. Member
    Could it be reflux? It's common for them to eat and eat to soothe the burning
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Have you tried feeding more often but smaller amounts?
  7. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Quote Originally Posted by kwickham View Post
    Could it be reflux? It's common for them to eat and eat to soothe the burning
    I hadn't thought of that. It's possible, especially because he does continue to eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    Have you tried feeding more often but smaller amounts?
    Yes, I have. Even when I do that, he screams and screams until he gets more
  8. Moderator

It does resemble reflux too.

I really hope that you can get some answers tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you!
  9. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I don't have any advice, but I hope his pediatrician does at his appointment!

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i was thinking growth spurt too.

Talk with the Peds first.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast