Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm an emotional mess over baby clothes

1. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

I'm an emotional mess over baby clothes

Advertisements

My baby is in 3-6 month clothes He's not going to be little and snuggly for long!

I have no idea what to do with the 0-3 month clothes. I don't want to horde his old stuff but the idea of getting rid of his itty bitty clothes makes me so sad. What does everybody else do with old baby outfits?

2. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    I kept everything except for a few newborn things that I sold, I ended up passing everything to a friend who had her son almost a year after mine so same seasons except he is a little chunk so I don't know how much winter stuff he will fit in lol. We are just going to rotate the clothes with whoever has another boy and whatnot.
  3. Senior Member
    I keep everything that isn't stained in tubs for the next baby.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Senior Member

I sent everything home to my parents. I told my Mom if she hears about anyone that NEEDS clothes then she could give them away. 2 high school sisters from my hometown had baby girls 1 month apart so my Mom asked if she could give them the clothes. Mom and my niece went through the clothes and picked out some special ones to keep first then they gave them to the girls. I am 100% happy with them having her clothes.
  5. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Quote Originally Posted by tiffielynn View Post
    I kept everything except for a few newborn things that I sold, I ended up passing everything to a friend who had her son almost a year after mine so same seasons except he is a little chunk so I don't know how much winter stuff he will fit in lol. We are just going to rotate the clothes with whoever has another boy and whatnot.
    My only pregnant friend is having a girl!
    Maybe someone else will get knocked up soon

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I keep everything that isn't stained in tubs for the next baby.
    That's what my husband said to do I don't plan to have any more but maybe we'll hold into things just in case!

6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Yeah, I saved everything that was in good condition for the next baby, but then, soon after Landon turned 2, there was just too much clothing to keep storing it all. So I ended up picking out my favorite outfits, keeping those, and sold the rest for cheap. It was much easier for me to let go of the stuff 2 years later than it was when he was an infant.

7. Senior Member
    We held his stuff for about a year before there was just too much of it all, and by then I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to have another one. One of DH's cousins was having a boy at that point, so I unloaded everything on them. I only kept 2 outfits -- the one that I wanted him to come in and the one that he actually came home in (the NICU nurses refused to change him because he had apparently been a terror that morning and was finally asleep when we came to get him )
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I JUST went through Levi's stuff, kept my favorites (almost everything ) and gave the rest to a friend. It's okay to hoard until you're comfortable haha.
  9. Moderator

I've given everything away every time, but there are a lotttttttttt of preggos in my circle at any given time so there's always someone who needs them, and always someone with things to give when I need them.

I'd probably just hold onto them until I knew someone in need if I were you.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have hoarded so much of DS clothes it fills up a HUGE tote and it's all vacuum packed and the lid still won't go on. And thats only from the first 18 months of his life. I have issues lol. I love the little baby clothes. Enjoy it while you still have it mama!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast