Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift for a New mom

1. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"

Gift for a New mom

Advertisements
    I wasn't exactly sure where to post this but figured this area was the best fit. I have never been pregnant (or given birth obviously) so I don't fully understand the challenges it comes with. That being said my bestest friend gave birth to her beautiful healthy son on the 2nd if July. She had so many struggles conceiving him and after several failed IUI's they went the route of In vitro and she got prego on the first try! Anyways I would love to send her something but have no idea what to send! What is something as a brand new mom someone did for you or gave you that either was a great comfort or just was very helpful? We don't live in the same state anymore so it needs to be something I can mail to her. TIA
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

What are you wanting to spend?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    I appreciated frozen meals & I appreciated an Owl keepsake ornament from my brother that I hung on DS nursery door. Do you want to go for sweet, traditional, super personal? Finding time to print pictures was tough, perhaps you could download some of her FB pics and make her a photo album? You could get her food or offer to do the dishes.

4. Senior Member
    Diapers in larger sizes (size 3) and wipes, gift certificate to somewhere you can get to-go food from, coffee/creamer basket, Wub-a-Nub (they have them on Amazon), anything with his name monogrammed.

Anything other than receiving blankets and burp cloths. Apparently everyone thinks you need 200 of those when you have a baby.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    What are you wanting to spend?
    Uhhhh under 50$ preferably but I'm willing to spend more for the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I appreciated frozen meals & I appreciated an Owl keepsake ornament from my brother that I hung on DS nursery door. Do you want to go for sweet, traditional, super personal? Finding time to print pictures was tough, perhaps you could download some of her FB pics and make her a photo album? You could get her food or offer to do the dishes.
    I think somewhere between sweet and personal. If I still lived back home I would totally bring her food and clean/do dishes but we don't live in the same state anymore

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Diapers in larger sizes (size 3) and wipes, gift certificate to somewhere you can get to-go food from, coffee/creamer basket, Wub-a-Nub (they have them on Amazon), anything with his name monogrammed.

Anything other than receiving blankets and burp cloths. Apparently everyone thinks you need 200 of those when you have a baby.
    Okay! I'm going to check out that on amazon it sounds intriguing!
  6. Senior Member
    This is one of DS's favorite toys! He's 8 months
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0053X...&pi=SY200_QL40

Here's the Wub A Nub he likes!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003CK...&pi=SY200_QL40
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    This is one of DS's favorite toys! He's 8 months
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0053X...&pi=SY200_QL40

Here's the Wub A Nub he likes!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003CK...&pi=SY200_QL40
    Thanks those are so cute! I love the little owl one, his nursery is forest animal themed so it would fit in perfectly
  8. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    I ended up going with the owl wub-a-nub, chap-stick (we love it!), a Starbucks gift card and a little owl gift set that has all these cute little trinkets she can use. Thanks for all the ideas!
  9. Senior Member
    Never heard of wub a nub until now! Thanks for sharing!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatchbell322 View Post
    I ended up going with the owl wub-a-nub, chap-stick (we love it!), a Starbucks gift card and a little owl gift set that has all these cute little trinkets she can use. Thanks for all the ideas!
    I was so gonna suggest a Starbucks gift card! Food or coffee is always a good bet for a new mama.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast