Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tall Shell Seat?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Tall Shell Seat?

Advertisements
    I'm in new territory with monster baby Emmett is 24lbs and he's all body, no legs. I need to get him a convertible seat. Wyatt has the MyRide but I feel like I remember that being on the shorter side in the shells? Maybe? I'd also like something a bit less bulky than the MyRide but since he'll also be RF'ing to about 3y or later so it needs to last since this little dude is gonna be big. He's only 5lbs less than Wyatt right now

Suggestions?
  2. Senior Member
    Are you on the Car seats for littles facebook page? It's pretty great for questions like this! I'm not a particular fan of most of their 'rules' but it was helpful for me to find a carseat I love.

Also, here is their link to their 'recommended convertible seats' and you can compare them to easily see the height restrictions on all of the seats!
    Recommended Seats | Car Seats For The Littles

I personally have a Peg Perego convertible and I love it. It's not the seat with the longest RFing capabilities, but it should easily get my little guy past 3 RFing. How old is your little guy and how tall?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Nex fit and graco clones are your best bets
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Senior Member
    I'd go with one of the graco clones. MyRIDE/size4me/headwise/contender. They will get almost all children to 4 rf. (Almost all kids will outgrow rf by weight well before height). They also take up much room front to back then then mysize.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyMama View Post
    I'd go with one of the graco clones. MyRIDE/size4me/headwise/contender. They will get almost all children to 4 rf. (Almost all kids will outgrow rf by weight well before height). They also take up much room front to back then then mysize.
    Hmm...I've always heard it was the opposite, height before weight?

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

We just got Edmund the graco 4ever seat because he hated his nextfit. It's amazing I love it. It's like the clones and smart seat and Argos all got together and had a baby. And it's FAA approved unlike the SS. And it's more compact than the clones or the NF. Edmund weighs 4lbs less than Naomi.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Buttercup* View Post
    We just got Edmund the graco 4ever seat because he hated his nextfit. It's amazing I love it. It's like the clones and smart seat and Argos all got together and had a baby. And it's FAA approved unlike the SS.
    I didn't care for the Nextfit, either! We only tried it out in the store, we didn't purchase, but the material just seemed too hot and I didn't like the bucket-y style as much as I thought I would.

8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I didn't care for the Nextfit, either! We only tried it out in the store, we didn't purchase, but the material just seemed too hot and I didn't like the bucket-y style as much as I thought I would.
    Ya Edmund hated it so bad. It was so much screaming. When we switched seats he was instantly fine. I think he felt too suspended in it and crammed. I have nothing but positives for the 4ever seat it's amazing.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyMama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Hmm...I've always heard it was the opposite, height before weight?
    Me too, that's why I'm more worried about height than weight.

We just got Edmund the graco 4ever seat because he hated his nextfit. It's amazing I love it. It's like the clones and smart seat and Argos all got together and had a baby. And it's FAA approved unlike the SS. And it's more compact than the clones or the NF. Edmund weighs 4lbs less than Naomi.
    I'm gonna have to check that one out, you know FAA approved is a big deal for me I've never laid eyes on huge Nextfit or the new Gracos except online so we'll be making a trip to Babies R Us this weekend to check out.
  10. Senior Member
    Ya Edmund hated it so bad. It was so much screaming. When we switched seats he was instantly fine. I think he felt too suspended in it and crammed. I have nothing but positives for the 4ever seat it's amazing.
    I've heard great things about it! We went with another Peg Perego (ala my gushing thread about it last night ) as a second seat but I considered the 4Ever. I decided on the Peg again because I didn't want to read another manual about installing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast