Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting things done with a newborn

1. Senior Member

Getting things done with a newborn

Advertisements
    Hey ladies!
    How hard was it for you to get general things done after your LO arrived? Things like house cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, etc. Our first is set to arrive in the next month and while I see it being more challenging than it is now, I don't see those things as *impossible without help* as a few people have told me. TIA!

NotThatMonkey is my awesome Wifey
  2. Senior Member

Nothing really changed much for me after she was born, things did take a little longer but I could still get things accomplished.
  3. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Well for me, the first few weeks I couldn't do very much myself, but that's because I ended up having a c-section.

After that, it was just a matter of getting down a new routine. If he wasn't happy just hanging out in the boppy or play mat, and I needed to get things done, I'd just put him in a carrier and get what I needed to get done with him attached to me.

Personally, I've found getting things done to be much, much harder now that he's a toddler, than when he wasn't mobile

4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    It wasn't that much more difficult, it just required planning around his sleeping/eating schedule.
  5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    Well for me, the first few weeks I couldn't do very much myself, but that's because I ended up having a c-section.

After that, it was just a matter of getting down a new routine. If he wasn't happy just hanging out in the boppy or play mat, and I needed to get things done, I'd just put him in a carrier and get what I needed to get done with him attached to me.

Personally, I've found getting things done to be much, much harder now that he's a toddler, than when he wasn't mobile
    When dd was a baby, it was much easier to clean with her here, but now that she's a toddler, cleaning is like trying to swim in quicksand for me, lol. Add to it ds (almost 8 months old now ) and it's getting to be a bit of challenge for me, lol.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

6. Member
    Well I couldn't walk for about 6 wks and my hubby is in Korea, so I am literally doing everything alone. I also have one of those kids who screams unless I am holding her so yeah, it's been a challenge to say the least! I wear her a lot, and sometimes I just have to put her down and let her cry for a min while I eat or something.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    definitely not impossible! We didn't have anyone come out and help with our first and we managed to survive
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by kwickham View Post
    Well I couldn't walk for about 6 wks and my hubby is in Korea, so I am literally doing everything alone. I also have one of those kids who screams unless I am holding her so yeah, it's been a challenge to say the least! I wear her a lot, and sometimes I just have to put her down and let her cry for a min while I eat or something.
    I think this was the hardest part for me with baby #1 because I just didn't get that babies just cry...alot! I didn't need to tend to every cry and if I did I wasn't gonna survive, if I had realized that sooner things would have gone alot smoother.
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

It isn't too hard. Once I was recovered I just worked on stuff while babe was sleeping or I babywear to get stuff done when they need contact. That makes life a million times easier.
  10. Regular Member
    For me, it was pretty tough, because mine always wanted to be held. Like, always. I'll definitely be babywearing if we have another! I'm sure that would've made things a lot easier.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast